Shipping and delivery date

• Thank you received: 5
3 years 6 months ago #324313

-- HikaShop version -- : 4.3.0
-- Joomla version -- : 3.9.21

Hello there,

I would like to give customers the ability to select a delivery date. I understand the business edition would be required to add a custom delivery date field to the checkout process (currently only have the essential edition). Could you please tell me:

- If I add a delivery date to the checkout process, would it be possible to have a different shipping fee based on the delivery date (as it would be more expensive to deliver at the weekend )?

- If custom fields are added to the checkout process, and I'm using Guest checkout with no registration - where would the shop owner see this custom field information?

Many thanks
Marcus

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 5
3 years 6 months ago #324316

Although I'm still interested in answers to the previous post, I'd also be interested to know if it's possible to add custom fields to the product ( for this specific website it may be acceptable to have a delivery date per item ).

Many thanks for your help,
Marcus

• Thank you received: 13069
3 years 6 months ago #324319

Hi,

1. There is no option to add an extra fee based on the week day in a custom date field.
We actually plan on having in the future a new option for custom order fields so that you can restrict them to shipping methods.
In that case, you could have two sets of shipping methods with the extra fee added to one of the sets, and then have two custom date picker, each one restricted to a set of shipping methods and then in each one, you could restrict the week days selectable.

2. The information selected in the custom order fields will be visible in the order details page in the backend. There are also settings to display them on the invoice, on the order details page of the customer, on the orders listing of the backend and on the emails. So display-wise, you should have everything you need.

3. Yes, you can also have custom fields for each product. In that case, instead of creating a custom field of the table "order", you could create a custom field of the table "item". These are also only available with the Business edition. In that case, the custom field will appear on the product details page, above the add to cart button, and on the edit popup you get on the cart view in the checkout.

Time to create page: 0.062 seconds