Remove shipping address for shipping method.

• Thank you received: 0
3 years 2 months ago #328464

How is it possible to create an order without a shipping address for a specific shipping method?

My products have weight, I have a usual shipping method based on "HikaShop manual shipping plugin" with a fixed price. It works fine.

I created a new shipping method based on "HikaShop manual shipping plugin" plugin and set "Override shipping address" to "Your shop name & address". This shipping method does not use a shipping address (self-service), but the new user still sees "Create new shipping address" fields on checkout. Setting "Override shipping address" to "Hide" doesn't change anything.

I can hide them via CSSor custom layout but once the order is saved, I still see "Enter a shipping address" error.

If a user already has a shipping address, I don't see new address fields on checkout (see shop address if override to shop address) and there is no shipping address selection - it's fine. New order can be created, though with bugzzz:

Notice: Undefined property: stdClass::$order_product_dimension_unit in \administrator\components\com_hikashop\classes\order.php on line 1280

( ! ) Notice: Undefined property: stdClass::$order_product_length in \administrator\components\com_hikashop\classes\order.php on line 1284

But if a user doesn't have any shipping address, the checkout page still displays new shipping order fields.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 0
3 years 2 months ago #328466

In other words, "Override shipping address" to "Your shop name & address" only works as expected if a user already has any shipping address.
Otherwise, the user is illogically forced to create the shipping address on checkout.

• Thank you received: 1778
3 years 2 months ago #328484

Hello,

If you're talking about the address fields displayed during the login / registration step then the best solution would be to directly set the "Show 'same address' checkbox" option to "No" through the "Login" step of your checkout workflow via "Hikashop->System->Configuration->Checkout".

We'll try to adapt the Hikashop's code to properly support both the use of "Show 'same address' checkbox" and "Override shipping address" options.

Kind regards,
Mohamed.

Time to create page: 0.074 seconds