-- Joomla version -- : 3.9.25
-- PHP version -- : 7.4.16

Hello

SHIPPING ISSUE 1

We have three products on the products list

Product A -> with shipping 1
Product B -> with shipping 2
Product C -> with shipping 3

A customer ads product B to his cart. Then he visits his cart and he sees the selectable shipping method in the cart is shipping 2. So far ok.

Now the customer returns to the products list and he ads to cart Product A. Then he visits his cart and he sees that the only selectable shipping method in the cart is shipping 1.

Now the customer returns to the products list again and he ads to cart Product C. Then he visits his cart and he sees that the only selectable shipping method in the cart is shipping 3.

In conclusion:
If a customer puts 2 products with a different shipping price in the cart, the cart sows only the shipping method of the latest product that was added.

Example:

Laptop -> Shipping 30 Euros
USB flash stick -> Shipping 1 Euro

If the buyer ads to the cart the laptop first and then the USB stick, then he will see only the 1 euro shipping method for both products.

So the buyer instead of paying 31 euros for the shipping he will pay 1 euro.

Should not the shipping prices be summarized? Have set something wrong in configuration?

SHIPPING ISSUE 2

A shipping method is created for all products.

If i add a product in my cart the shipping price is correct. If i add one more of the same product the shipping price remains equal as if it was for 1 product.

Example:

Product A -> shipping price 10 euros

I order 1 item of a product -> shipping price 10 euros
I order 2 items of the same product -> shipping price 10 euros ?
I order 10 items of the same product -> shipping price 10 euros ?

Have set something wrong in configuration?

Thank you!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 13085
3 years 1 month ago #331200

Hi,

Shipping methods are for the whole cart, not individual products.
So if you have a shipping method with a "price" of 10 and you select it in your checkout, regardless of the products in the cart, you will get a shipping fee of 10.

Now, in your shipping methods, you have a "shipping price per product" setting that you can activate. If you do, you'll see an extra field "price per product" appear below, which will allow you to enter a value per product in the cart.

Also, after that option is activated in your shipping methods, if you edit a product, you'll see an extra "shipping prices" area where you can enter extra fees to be added to each shipping method for that product in particular.

So that way, the shipping fee that will appear will be:
"price" of the shipping method + "percentage" of the shipping method * subtotal + "price per product" of the shipping method * number of products in the cart + sum of the extra shipping prices in each product for that shipping method

• Thank you received: 12
3 years 1 month ago #331256

Thank you for your reply Nicolas.

Tested and it works as you say regarding adding shipping price in the "Price" shipping field inside the product, only if you have entered in the cart more than one of the same product,

The problem remains when you enter in the cart 2 different products! There the cart shows only the shipping of the last product that was added to the cart.

Example with different products:

Laptop -> Shipping 30 Euros
USB flash stick -> Shipping 1 Euro

If the buyer ads to the cart the laptop first and then the USB stick, then he will see only the 1 euro shipping method for both products.

So the buyer instead of paying 31 euros for the shipping he will pay 1 euro.

Is this the correct way of shipping calculation?

Thank you.

3 years 1 month ago #331265

Hi,

Well, I don't understand your situation.
What do you mean by "Laptop -> Shipping 30 Euros
USB flash stick -> Shipping 1 Euro" ?
Do you mean that you've created one shipping method with the "shipping price per product" option activated and a price of 0, and that for both products you've used their "shipping prices" section and entered a price of 30 for that shipping method for the first product and 1 for the other product ?
In that case, that's indeed weird, as normally the system is supposed to sum both up.
But maybe that's not how you configured your shipping methods... What I need is that you provide screenshots of your shipping method settings and of your checkout page so that we can better understand your situation to see if it's maybe a bug, or just a setting issue.

3 years 1 month ago #331272

Probably our description was not clear enough.

2 products.

Product 1: Laptop
We have set the product's shipping cost is 30 Euros.

Product 2: USB flash stick
We have set the product's shipping cost is 1 Euro

When these products are added to the cart, the cart shows as shipping method only the shipping method of the last product that was added to the cart.

In this case the last product that was added to the cart was USB flash stick
This is what shows in the cart:

Attachments:

3 years 1 month ago #331274

Hi,

Why do you have two shipping methods and not only one ?
You can only have one shipping method selected for the cart (unless you use warehouses, but I don't think you need to).
So on your screenshot, since I only see the "test2" shipping method, it means that you've configured the "test 1" shipping method in a way that it can't be used for when both products are in the cart. But in that case, you need to set a shipping fee of 30 for "test 2" for your laptop product.

3 years 1 month ago #331287

I set one manual shipping method called "Door to door" flat price for all of my products except Candles. Because of candles sensitivity i have another shipping method ONLY FOR CANDLES that is called "Pick Up".

CASE 1

Someone adds 1 heavy furniture in his cart which we have to send by track.
Now his cart shows as shipping method the "Door to door".

Then the same customer also adds to the same cart 1 candle that we are not able to send by track because the candle will melt.
Now in the cart this customer sees only the "Pick Up" shipping method for both products. The furniture and the candle.

In this case the customer must have his own track because the hikashop cart can not handle seperate shipping for products, so the "Pick Up" shipping method is the default for both.

CASE 2 (the oposite)

Someone adds candle in his cart which he has to pick from our physical store because candles can not be shiped.
Now his cart shows as shipping method the "Pick Up".

Then the same customer also adds to the same cart 1 heavy furniture that we we have to send by track.
Now in the cart this customer sees only the "Door to door" shipping method for both products. The furniture and the candle.

In this case the candle must be sent:
1) Must be sent by track and the customer will get it damaged
2) Must not be sent, because he will receive it damaged with all the consequenses (not received claims paypal buyers protection etc)
3) Contact the buyer to tell him that he has to receive the candle from our physical store. Of course he will not accept it because in his cart he paid for "Door to door" shipping.

Can you please tell us what shipping methods we have to create or how to set shipping for these cases?

We are waiting for your reply...

Last edit: 3 years 1 month ago by liaskas.

3 years 1 month ago #331300

Issue is resolved by enabling and using warehouses.

Unfortunately this solution is not exactly a solution! We are runing a multivendor site and by solving this problem with warehouses, we just made the life of vendors more difficult.

We do not know about other multivendor sites that use Hikashop and Hikamarket, but in our case, the vendors are just merchants that own a physical store and need to expand on the web market. They have no idea about creating warehouses to set their shipping methods. So far when they wanted to ship any product they called the corresponding shipping company for their products.

Yes... all these functions are fine when we are talking about plain Hikashop. Everything can be set and everything can work like a charm because the Admin of the store has the knowledge to set things up.

In the case of multivendor site, we have to write on our vendor registration TOS that they must be computer experts to set their store in our site.

These are just a few thoughts just for consideration.

Thank you

3 years 1 month ago #331310

Hi,

If you have vendors and you don't want to make it complex for them, I would recommend to not use warehouses.
Instead, just have shipping methods with the "shipping price per product" option activated and they can then enter the price for the shipping of their products for each shipping method, or block the shipping method when the product is in the cart.
The drawback is that the system won't allow the purchase of products mutually exclusive on shipping methods if they come from the same vendor.

3 years 1 month ago #331315

If you have vendors and you don't want to make it complex for them, I would recommend to not use warehouses.

Thank you for your recommendation. Can you please recommend a solution for the example of the furniture and the candle mentioned on our previous post?

the system won't allow the purchase of products mutually exclusive on shipping methods

No Nicolas! The system allows the purchase of many products mutually exclusive on shipping methods and that is a disaster for the vendor. We even tried to disable adding more than one products in the cart (configuration) but this disables also the addition of more than one of the same product in the cart.

The drawback is that the system won't allow the purchase of products mutually exclusive on shipping methods if they come from the same vendor.

The buyer does not know about products mutually exclusive on shipping methods? He does not know anything about shipping! The buyer adds products in his cart and the vendor cries because he has to pay all the shipping loss if he wants to be serious and because he does not want to lose the customer!
Also this "drawback" especially in a COVID period, costs money and REPUTATION.

Thank you for trying to understand Nicolas. Accepting the problem is the best first step for any solution!

3 years 1 month ago #331318

Hi,

I think you misunderstood all I was saying.

Let's explain more methodically.

Configure a shipping method "Door to door" and a shipping method "Pick Up" without warehouse restriction and the "shipping prices per product" setting activated.

Then, in product A, set a shipping price for the "door to door" shipping method, and use the "block" checkbox for the "pick up" shipping method.
And in product B, set a shipping price for the "pick up" shipping method and use the "block" checkbox for the "door to door" shipping method.

Then, when a customer adds product A to the cart and access the checkout, he will see only the "door to door" shipping method with the shipping price configured in product A for that shipping method.

And when a customer adds product B to the cart and access the checkout, he will see only the "pickup" shipping method with the shipping price configured in product B for that shipping method.

But if the customer adds both product A and product B to the cart and access the checkout, no shipping method will be available and he will get an error message explaining that the shipping methods can be used for the products in the cart.

So: No disaster for the vendor to have to pay shipping fee without the customer being billed for it, and no disaster for the customer to have to understand anything regarding shipping. As I was saying, the only drawback is that product A and product B cannot be bought in the same order.

Last edit: 3 years 1 month ago by nicolas.

3 years 1 month ago #331335

Configure a shipping method "Door to door" and a shipping method "Pick Up" without warehouse restriction and the "shipping prices per product" setting activated.

Done!

Then, in product A, set a shipping price for the "door to door" shipping method, and use the "block" checkbox for the "pick up" shipping method.

Done!

And in product B, set a shipping price for the "pick up" shipping method and use the "block" checkbox for the "door to door" shipping method.

Done!

Then, when a customer adds product A to the cart and access the checkout, he will see only the "door to door" shipping method with the shipping price configured in product A for that shipping method.

Correct!

And when a customer adds product B to the cart and access the checkout, he will see only the "pickup" shipping method with the shipping price configured in product B for that shipping method.

Correct!

But if the customer adds both product A and product B to the cart and access the checkout, no shipping method will be available and he will get an error message explaining that the shipping methods can be used for the products in the cart.

Not Correct!
The shipping method of the second product added to the cart is available.

So: No disaster for the vendor to have to pay shipping fee without the customer being billed for it, and no disaster for the customer to have to understand anything regarding shipping. As I was saying, the only drawback is that product A and product B cannot be bought in the same order.

Maybe not at the Hikashop you use! At the Hikashop and Hikamarket that we bought twice, it is a disaster for the vendor.

On the other hand, you have a complaining customer here. Instead of asking him to prove that he is not an elephant for three days, you could simply ask to see the problem on his site. You know our site!

Thank you.

Attachments:
Last edit: 3 years 1 month ago by liaskas.

3 years 1 month ago #331336

Hi,

That's indeed not what I have on my end. On my end it works as expected.

Please understand that up until know, I didn't know you had tested what I was talking about in my previous message.
I thought you were researching for a solution on how to configure shipping, and not that you were reporting a bug.
You hadn't mentioned that you had setup products as I was suggesting in my last message and I wasn't clear on your current situation.

Now, with your latest screenshots, it indeed looks like a bug.
Please provide a backend access, a link to the product details page of product A, a link to the product details page of product B and a FTP access along with a link to this thread for reference via our contact form and we'll look into it.
www.hikashop.com/support/contact-us.html

3 years 1 month ago #331423

Forgive me for the late reply...

The credentials asked were sent.

Thank you

3 years 1 month ago #331430

Hi,

Thank you for the access.
I found the issue and added a patch for it.
We'll add it on our end too for the next version.

Time to create page: 0.116 seconds