Can't change shippingadres

• Thank you received: 0
  • Hikashop Business
2 years 11 months ago #332045

-- HikaShop version -- : 4.4.1
-- Joomla version -- : 3.9.26
-- PHP version -- : 7.4

Hello,

I have a shop with several shipping options.
1. sending within the country
2. sending within a zipcode area
3. picking up the order in the fysical shop (free)

For some products (based on category) sending is only available within the zipcode area.
Most of the time, the shipping address is not the invoice address.
Most people order as guest.

I have setup the ordering proces in 3 steps (pages): invoice, shipping and payment and checkout.

When I make a new delivery I fill in my invoice address. (page 1).
Then I go to the next page for my shipping address, but when my invoice address is not within the zipcode area I can only select the pick up shipping method. Also I can not change or add a new shipping address (enabled in the config for all users).

So I can not get the order to be send within the zipcode area unless I live there too.
How can I fix this? Hope you can help.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 13062
2 years 11 months ago #332046

Hi,

It seems to be a logical issue you have:
- you need the shipping address to be filled so that the shipping methods can be filtered based on it
- you need the shipping method to be selected to be able to allow or not the entering of the shipping address (no shipping address, when pickup at store)

I would recommend to ask the customer to enter his shipping address on the first step, along with the billing address, and then on the second step to select the shipping method.
And then, you could potentially add some custom text with a "text" view in your checkout workflow to tell the user that pickup at the store can be selected in the next step even though he has to enter a shipping address.

• Thank you received: 0
  • Hikashop Business
2 years 11 months ago #332115

I have moved the selection of the shipping address to the first step en left the selection of the shippingmethod on the next. Unfortunately this does not fix the problem. The behaviour doesn't change. If the given adres is nog within the zipcode area I can not change it in the first step.

With kind regards,
Rachel Walraven

• Thank you received: 13062
2 years 11 months ago #332116

Hi,

Edit the file show_block_address via the menu Display>Views and change the line:
$shippingAddress_override = $this->checkoutHelper->getShippingAddressOverride();
to:
$shippingAddress_override = false;
That way, you'll be able to see the normal shipping address area regardless of whether the current shipping method is a shipping address override or not while it will still do the override on the order, the emails and the invoice.

Time to create page: 0.059 seconds