Shipping calculation with multiple item discount and credit charge

• Thank you received: 0
2 years 11 months ago #332123

-- HikaShop version -- : 4.4.1
-- Joomla version -- : 3.9.26
-- PHP version -- : 7.4.16

I am using the Manual Shipping plugin and shipping prices per product, which are entered for each product in the store. I would like to include a 10% discount on shipping when customers order more than one product. I would also like to add in a 3% charge (based on the total product cost in the order) to cover credit card transaction fees.

For example, I have a hat that costs $10.00 and the shipping is $3.00 per hat. If the customer orders one hat, I would like the shipping cost to be:
$3.00 + ($10.00 x 3%) = $3.30

If a customer orders 5 hats, the charge would be:
(($3.00 x 5) x 0.90) + ($10.00 x 5 x 3%) = $15.00

Is this possible??

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 13069
2 years 11 months ago #332126

Hi,

In your example it seems that the 10% shipping discount is only on the "shipping prices per product" and not the "3% charge to cover credit card transaction fees".
So I think it makes more sense to separate both parts and actually add the 3% fee in the "percentage" setting of your payment methods. That way, it will appear as a "payment fee" and the discount on shipping won't be on it.
Then, for the discount on the shipping, I would recommend you to do it with a coupon code. You could configure it to be auto loaded in the cart with a "minimum number of products" of 2 and a "shipping percentage" of 10%
That way the coupon will be automatically added to the cart above 2 products in the cart and its value will be 10% of the calculated shipping fee (which will be based on the shipping prices per products).
However, the fees will be split into 3 parts: the shipping fee, the coupon discount of 10% of the shipping fees, and the payment fees of 3%. Note also that the payment fees will be based off the total amount, not the subtotal amount ( note that the payment fees of your payment gateway are also based on that amount, not the subtotal so I think it's better that way).

The following user(s) said Thank You: themagicbag

2 years 11 months ago #332172

Thank you for the help!!

Do you mean that the customer will see all three charges listed separately? If so, is there a way to combine these charges so that the customer only sees one charge, like "Shipping, Handling, Fees"?

Thanks!!

2 years 11 months ago #332188

I made the changes and they work perfectly! Is there a way to combine the three amounts into one line, showing "Shipping & Handling" for the customer to see? (Image attached)

If not, how can I change the verbiage and order of how the lines show in the cart? I'd like it to be:
Shipping
Shipping Discount
Handling Fee

Thanks!!

Attachments:

2 years 11 months ago #332191

Well, I wasn't able to combine them, but I found the following section in show_block_cart:

<?php
		}
		if(!empty($this->options['show_price']) && !empty($cart->coupon) && !empty($this->options['show_coupon'])) {
?>
		<tr>
			<td colspan="<?php echo $row_count - 2; ?>" class="hikashop_cart_empty_footer"></td>
			<td id="hikashop_checkout_cart_coupon_title" class="hikashop_cart_coupon_title hikashop_cart_title"><?php
				echo JText::_('HIKASHOP_COUPON');
			?></td>
			<td class="hikashop_cart_coupon_value" data-title="<?php echo JText::_('HIKASHOP_COUPON'); ?>">
				<span class="hikashop_checkout_cart_coupon"><?php
					if(empty($this->options['price_with_tax']))
						echo $this->currencyClass->format(@$cart->coupon->discount_value_without_tax * -1, @$cart->coupon->discount_currency_id);
					else
						echo $this->currencyClass->format(@$cart->coupon->discount_value * -1, @$cart->coupon->discount_currency_id);
				?></span>
			</td>
		</tr>

which I moved below the shipping section it proceeded. Worked!!

I also overwrote the HIKASHOP_COUPON and HIKASHOP_CHECKOUT_COUPON constants in my language overrides.

• Thank you received: 13069
2 years 11 months ago #332177

Hi,

If you only want one fee and not three separate that's not possible without developing a custom shipping plugin to manually calculate the amount of the fee like you want.

The following user(s) said Thank You: themagicbag

2 years 11 months ago #332207

Hello!

I think I'm good with just rearranging and renaming items. I appreciate the help very much!!

Time to create page: 0.076 seconds