• Thank you received: 2
2 years 8 months ago #334872

-- url of the page with the problem -- : librairieberthuy.fr/
-- HikaShop version -- : 4.4.3
-- Joomla version -- : 3.9.27
-- PHP version -- : 7.3.29
-- Browser(s) name and version -- : Chrome 92.0.4515.131

Hello everybody,

In advance please excuse my poor English ;)

I use HikaShop manual shipping plugin and the weight of each product to calculate shipping price (see attached)

I created several instances for each weight category.

I don't use any warehouse or zone for shipping.

However, when I add several products in the basket, shipping is applied twice (see attached).

Any idea ?

Thanks in advance,

DIdier

Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 13071
2 years 8 months ago #334874

Hi,

I suppose that you must have created warehouses in the past, and you must have assigned products and shipping methods to warehouses in the past.
However, you later deleted the warehouses.
This make it so that you don't see the warehouse as selected when you edit a shipping method or a product that was previously assigned to a warehouse but the warehouse id is still set in the product / shipping method.
Thus, the algorithm still group the products separatly on the checkout thinking they are in different warehouses.
As you seem to have a lot of products, I would recommend to go in your PHPMyAdmin and run the MySQL query:
UPDATE #__hikashop_product SET product_warehouse_id = 0;
(you need to replace #__ with the table prefix of your Joomla configuration)
Then, you should have all the products grouped, with only one shipping method proposed on the checkout.
Please note that for shipping methods you can't do it like that as the information is not directly in a column of a table but in a json stored in a column. So you might have some shipping methods that can't be used. In that case, I would recommend just editing each shipping method and saving it so that the warehouse selection is properly updated in each one.

The following user(s) said Thank You: Didier171

• Thank you received: 14
  • Hikashop Business
2 years 6 months ago #336103

I have a related issue. A couple of our products have 'free shipping' and are in a specific 'Restricted' warehouse along with a related shipping method. All of our other product have a separate shipping method which is 'free for purchases totaling over $50' (no warehouse applied). Unfortunately the products in the specific 'Restricted' warehouse display both shipping methods if the customer purchases over $50 worth of items and is confusing them. How do I stop the general 'free for over $50' shipping method option displaying for the 'Restricted' warehouse items? We have over 6000 products. So I would need a database query or mass action to assign a different 'Standard' warehouse to the rest of the products (i.e. not in the 'Restricted' warehouse).
Thanks for any advice you can offer.

Ian and Stu

• Thank you received: 13071
2 years 6 months ago #336105

Hi,

You would indeed have to have a second warehouse, assign it to the other products and then set assign the other shipping method to that new warehouse.

To set a warehouse for all the products at once, I would recommend to go in your PHPMyAdmin and run the MySQL query:
UPDATE #__hikashop_product SET product_warehouse_id = xxx;
where xxx is the xxx of the warehouse and #__ the table prefix of your Joomla configuration.
Then, you'll have to edit again the couple of products of the first warehouse to set back the first warehouse.

• Thank you received: 14
  • Hikashop Business
2 years 6 months ago #336181

Thanks for the reply. We were able to do it using mass actions. We mistakenly put the name of the warehouse into the field instead of the id number for our first attempt. It is working correctly. It's worth mentioning for other users that shipping methods that have no warehouse applied will be available for all products.

Cheers,
Ian and Stu

The following user(s) said Thank You: nicolas

Time to create page: 0.074 seconds