Possible to hide shipping method by date?

• Thank you received: 2
2 years 5 months ago #337288

-- HikaShop version -- : 4.4.4

I'd like to hide the option for the shipping method "delivery" in the week before Christmas, but I can't seem to find a way to do this in the settings of that specific shipping option. I thought there might be a restriction on date like there is on post code for example. Is this possible at all? In the advanced date picker I can disable dates, but then customers can't select the "pick-up" option either.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 13071
2 years 5 months ago #337290

Hi,

There is indeed no option to restrict the availability of shipping methods based on dates.
The simplest is just to manually disable the shipping methods at the beginning of the period and re-enable it after.

2 years 5 months ago #337302

Thank you for the usual quick reply!

That's not really an option since people can already place their orders for Christmas. I'll create a note in the checkout process that says we don't deliver that week. Not ideal since people generally miss a lot of those written notes.

• Thank you received: 13071
2 years 5 months ago #337305

Hi,

So you mean that you want to restrict the shipping methods based on the date selected by the user in a custom field.
That's not possible with the options available either, and indeed, it makes my proposal impractical.
The only solution I can see would be with the development of a custom plugin.

2 years 5 months ago #337326

Right. Just a restriction based on the chosen date just like a restriction on post code. But I guess that's a little trickier since the date picker plugin is not really integrated in Hikashop like, for instance, the post code restriction.

I'll manage for now.

Time to create page: 0.064 seconds