Shipping weight

• Thank you received: 1
2 years 4 months ago #338072

Hi,

I sell decals / car stickers and have a problem with the shipping.

When someone orders 1 sticker, the weight is 70 grams, this incudes the cardboard envelope and with that, the correct shippng is selected (50 - 100gr). Now if someone wants two stickers, the weight ain't 140gr, but 73 gr.

Setting a sticker on 3 gr instead of 70 gr will select a wrong shipping.

There is an option in the shipping to set a min and max, but that doesn't work.

How do you suggest I set this up?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 1778
2 years 3 months ago #338100

Hello,

Can you give us more information about what you have through some screenshots of how you configured :
- your shipping method ("Hikashop->System->Shipping methods->Your shipping method")
- your products dimensions/weight ("Hikashop->Products") used during your tests ?

So that we can properly understand the issue you are having and reproduce it on our end. Thank you.

Kind regards,
Mohamed.

• Thank you received: 1
2 years 3 months ago #338134

Screendump below is my shipping setup.

One sticker/decal is about 3 grams which would result in € 0,96 shipping cost.
How ever, because of the envelope the weight will be 70 grams (which I put on the product) and that results in € 2,88 shipping cost.

Now if someone wants to order 2 stickers, the weight will become 2*70 gr = 140 gr and € 3,84 in shipping.

I can however fit 10 stickers in one envelope easy and shipping would be €2,88.

Using dimensions will not help as all 5 shipping methodes are for the same dimensions.

Hope this clarifies better.

Attachments:

• Thank you received: 1778
2 years 3 months ago #338155

Hello,

If you are using Manual shipping methods then the solution will be simple, you can either consider that a sticker will wait 3gr and adapt your minimum / maximum weight option through your shipping method configuration page, or consider that a sticker will wait 70gr.

Then, you'll just have to calculate how many stickers can be sent using every shipping methods and properly define their minimum / maximum weight.

I think it would be the best solution as their is actually no option to tell that a product will weight 73g for the first product and 76g for 2 products.

Kind regards,
Mohamed.

Time to create page: 0.074 seconds