Unable to display shipping name in email notification

• Thank you received: 1
  • Hikashop Business
2 years 3 months ago #338563

-- HikaShop version -- : 4.4.5
-- Joomla version -- : 3.10.14
-- PHP version -- : 7.4.26

In my shop I have setup a few shipping methods which users can select during checkout.

As soon as payment is completed, the customer receives an email with a summary of the purchase. I would like this email to display the shipping method that was selected.

In the email editor, I can include a number of tags but I cannot seem to find the tag that will display the name of the selected shipping method.
I can find {VAR:order.order_shipping_id} and {VAR:order.order_shipping_method} but the values behind these are 1-2-3-4 etc for the ID and "manual" for the method.

Does anybody know which tag I can use to display the NAME of the shipping method which was selected?

(for example in the screenshot below, the second option 'Afhalen op school voor 09.30' will give the value 2 with VAR:order.order_shipping_id and will give the value 'manual' with VAR:order.order_shipping_method but I would like to retrieve 'Afhalen op school voor 09.30' )

Attachments:
Last edit: 2 years 3 months ago by maartenxbosmans@gmail.com.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 610
2 years 3 months ago #338567

Hello,

"I would like this email to display the shipping method that was selected."
Sorry for this return but we aren't sure to understand your needs, see my screenshot :

When your are in, by example your "Order status notification" by use the "Preview" button, and after have selected an order, you will see a preview of the email, and as you can see in my screenshot the Shipping Method is displayed by default.

And so, if you can be more specific in order to allow us to understand your need, the context etc...

Regards

Last edit: 2 years 3 months ago by Philip.

• Thank you received: 1
  • Hikashop Business
2 years 3 months ago #338585

Hi,

I did not think about removing my HTML customizations and having a look at the default mail. You are absolutely right: the info is there by default.
After removing my custom HTML code, and using the default code, the info I needed was there.

To be specific: the NAME of the selected shipping method can be obtained with the HTML tag {VAR:SHIPPING}
I was incorrectly looking at the tags {VAR:order.order_shipping_id} and {VAR:order.order_shipping_method}

Thanks for your reply.. Got it working now with {VAR:SHIPPING}

Last edit: 2 years 3 months ago by maartenxbosmans@gmail.com.
The following user(s) said Thank You: nicolas

Time to create page: 0.075 seconds