Only 1 shipping method showing in checkout

• Thank you received: 2
2 years 2 months ago #339076

-- url of the page with the problem -- : www.islandsurplus.co.uk/index.php/user/checkout/cid-3
-- HikaShop version -- : 4.4.3
-- Joomla version -- : 4.0.3
-- PHP version -- : 7.4.25
-- Browser(s) name and version -- : brave
-- Error-message(debug-mod must be tuned on) -- : no error message

Hi all,

I've read through as many threads as I can but still have the same issue I can't seem to resolve, any help would be much appreciated. I'm fairly sure its only a configuration issue, if I need to upgrade the Hikashop version to give me these choices thats no issue either.

I have created two shipping zones to try and do something to work out the issue, namely UK mainland and the Isle of Wight, the reason being we deliver free on the island (if the customer pays for the item) and only want to deal with UK orders for now so only have the united kingdom as our main zone. I have a free collection option but at the moment if you choose this option (customers that want to see goods before paying but want to order it to avoid missing out) you still have the postage cost calculated automatically and can't choose a free option anywhere.

I have managed to configure the site for manual Royal Mail postage based simply on weight and volume, but no matter what I do I only have the one option for delivery when I get to checkout. I have created a shipping option for free delivery and want this to be in the dropdown menu in the checkout screen along with the Royal Mail postage option. No matter what I do the system only give me the one option which is the manually calculated postal cost, no others.

I've tried restricting zones, checked I havn't got read only in my checkout flow for shipping, checked post code ranges....

Hope that makes sense, I'm sure i'm missing something simple.

Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 13069
2 years 2 months ago #339116

Hi,

So you're saying that you have two issues:
- you see the UK shipping method on the checkout even when your shipping address is for the Isle of Wright
- you don't see the Isle of Wright shipping method when your shipping address is for it

So to do that, you would need to create first a shipping zone with all the other UK counties added as sub zones.
Then, select that shipping method instead of the UK conutry zone in the "zone" setting of your UK shipping methods.
Then, in the zone setting of the free shipping method for the Isle of Wright, make sure you select the Isle of Wright zone.
If you still see the UK shipping method after that even though the shipping address is for the Isle of Wright, then either you have the Isle of Wright as a sub zone of the UK shipping zone, or as a sub zone of another county of the UK.
If you don't see any shipping method in that case, it means that the Isle of Wright shipping method restrictions don't allow the system to display it to you (for example the post code is outside the range you set, or something like that).

• Thank you received: 2
2 years 2 months ago #339117

Hi There,

thank you for the explanation. It was as you said.

I had already created seperate zones/sub zones but was still unable to get more than one option on the drop down menu. I think its resolved now, thankfully managed to get someone to look at it on my behalf.

Very grateful for the help and advice available here.

Best wishes

Lee

The following user(s) said Thank You: nicolas

Time to create page: 0.043 seconds