UPS Shipping not Working for USA

• Thank you received: 1
1 year 10 months ago #342067

-- HikaShop version -- : 4.60
-- Joomla version -- : 3.10.8
-- PHP version -- : 7.4.24

Dear Friends

I have enable USPS and UPS plugins. USPS works without issues. UPS does not work when I set the country to USA (and provide the correct postal code and state - checked on those many times). If I select any other country, I see the shipping rates coming up in the site but does not work for any of the USA states or zip codes (tried a few).

I just upgraded Hika Essentials to the latest release as well but still the issue is there.

Screenshots show, my back-end values, the front end with no UPS rates when set to USA and the rates popping up when the country is set to UK (as example).

Thanks!
Sri

Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 13068
1 year 10 months ago #342068

Hi,

You might need to change the dimensions and weight units for the USA country and use LB/IN instead of KG/CM.
Also, in the rest of the settings you need to select shipping services. If you didn't select national shipping services and only international shipping services, it would also explain why you don't get shipping services.
One interesting thing you can do is to deactivate the USPS shipping method to only have the UPS shipping method. That way, when no shipping methods are found, the UPS shipping plugin will display an error message explaining why it can't retrieve the shipping fees. That should help you understand what's wrong.

The following user(s) said Thank You: aegweb

1 year 10 months ago #342081

Hi Nicolas

Thanks for looking in to this. I have done what was advised but still fail to get it working. When I disable USPS, (with UPS enabled of course) I simply get the error method "No Shipping Method Found".

Thanks
Sri

Attachments:

• Thank you received: 13068
1 year 10 months ago #342082

Hi,

Stupid question but can you make sure you selected "United States of America" in the "Country" dropdown and not "United States Minor Outlying Islands" ?
Also, it could lead to a similar issue if the country zone for the USA would have been modified to have another 2 letter code or 3 letter code: i.imgur.com/lhHgMWA.png
So please check this in the System>Zones menu.
Besides these, I don't know what it could be. I would need to run some tests on your website to better understand the situation.
So if that doesn't help either, please provide a backend access and precise instructions to reproduce the issue on your frontend.
You can provide this via our contact form:
www.hikashop.com/support/contact-us.html
Please make sure you add a link to this thread for reference.

1 year 10 months ago #342098

Hi Nicolas

Yes It is set to United States of America :).

I have not done anything on the zones but I did check and there is no change there.

Eventually I manged to sort it out. For one as you mentioned the weight had to be in LB/IN else it will not work. When I was testing again and again at one point I put nothing for State / Province Code.. and voila it worked!! Anyway I put WI back again (for state) and it continued to work!!

However I am seeing high rates for UPS compared to USPS so I will ask the client to verify if these rates are correct for UPS to ship from WI to the state I set in my address which is Texas.

Also just noting for anyone else, if you define a warehouse (I am not sure what that is cause it was only just a label), it did not work either. Warehouse had to be none for USA to work.

Thanks
Sri

The following user(s) said Thank You: nicolas

Time to create page: 0.065 seconds