Different Text for Notification on Shipping Notice

• Thank you received: 37
  • Hikashop Business
1 year 10 months ago #342639

-- HikaShop version -- : 4.6.0
-- Joomla version -- : 3.10.10

Is there a way to have the statement in the attached image say something other than "Failed to obtain shipping quotes"? I've poked around but I cannot seem to find a way to do it.

I ask because I have had to reply to numerous emails for the last few months about UK shipping and New Zealand Shipping not being available anymore due to various VAT reasons in the UK and the complete shutdown of shipping via UPS and USPS to New Zealand all together.

I'd like to change this to notify a customer in those areas that shipping is currently not available, and not just leave them with a "what the heck does that mean" statement.

Thank you

Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 13070
1 year 10 months ago #342650

Hi,

That's a good point.
At the moment, to change that text, you need to directly modify the file plugins/hikashopshipping/usps/usps.php and change the lines:

$messages['no_shipping_quotes'] = 'Failed to obtain shipping quotes.';
				$cache_messages['no_shipping_quotes'] = 'Failed to obtain shipping quotes.';
We'll add translations for these for the next version of HikaShop. That way, you'll be able to use overrides to change them and won't have to redo the change after each update.

• Hikashop Business
1 year 10 months ago #342669

Fantastic...thank you very much sir!

• Hikashop Business
1 year 7 months ago #344788

Nicolas...did this ever get resolved with the most recent update? I cannot seem to find where to set any specific wording.

Also...I emailed in about a week ago, I cannot change my Avatar. None of the selections allows a change (keep, delete, upload), and it will not upload my current new version.

Thank you

• Thank you received: 13070
1 year 7 months ago #344790

Hi,

On our changelog, you can find this improvement in the 4.6.1:

We changed the USPS shipping plugin's message when no shipping rates are available so that it can be modified with a translation override.

So yes, this was changed 2 months ago.
And thus they now use the translation key FAILED_TO_OBTAIN_SHIPPING_QUOTES which you can override as per:
www.hikashop.com/download/languages.html#modify

Regarding the avatar, I didn't had the time to look into it. I still have your email assigned to me. I'll look into it when I have time as it is not a priority and debugging kunena is a chore.

• Hikashop Business
1 year 7 months ago #344811

nicolas wrote: Hi,

On our changelog, you can find this improvement in the 4.6.1:

We changed the USPS shipping plugin's message when no shipping rates are available so that it can be modified with a translation override.

So yes, this was changed 2 months ago.
And thus they now use the translation key FAILED_TO_OBTAIN_SHIPPING_QUOTES which you can override as per:
www.hikashop.com/download/languages.html#modify

Regarding the avatar, I didn't had the time to look into it. I still have your email assigned to me. I'll look into it when I have time as it is not a priority and debugging kunena is a chore.

Thank you sir...sadly, I'm on 4.6.1 and the string FAILED_TO_OBTAIN_SHIPPING_QUOTES is not in the English US version of language. Am I looking in the wrong place?

Also...no worries on the Avatar, just wasn't sure if anyone got the email as I didn't hear back. I figured it would be a very low priority anyways.

• Hikashop Business
1 year 7 months ago #344812

Never mind...found it, I had to download the most recent Language file.

Thank you!

Time to create page: 0.078 seconds