Custom field depends what shipping method

• Thank you received: 0
1 year 8 months ago #343329

-- url of the page with the problem -- : silesianzoukfestival.pl/en/shop.html
-- HikaShop version -- : 4.6.1
-- Joomla version -- : 3.10.9
-- PHP version -- : 5.11.99
-- Browser(s) name and version -- : Chrome

Hi! How show diferent custom field in adress, depends of shipping method? I need code add by user when he choose "paczkomaty" but don't want to show this when user choose different method. How can I do this, it is possible? :)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 13035
1 year 8 months ago #343332

Hi,

Normally, the shipping address is entered by the user before he selects the shipping method. There are even settings in shipping methods which base themselves on the shipping address custom fields like the "zone" restriction.
So there is no mechanism to display or not a custom address field based on the shipping method selected.

However, what you want to do is usually done with custom fields of the table "order".
These custom fields have a "shipping methods" setting which allows you to display custom order fields during the checkout based on the selected shipping method.
Note however that custom order fields are only available with the Business edition of HikaShop and I can see you have the Starter edition so you would have to upgrade to be able to do that.

Doing this with the Starter edition, might be possible for a skilled developer with view overrides but it's not easy. It would cost you more to hire a developer to do that than to upgrade.

The following user(s) said Thank You: Ciubas

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.056 seconds