Shipstation image path length brakes updating orders

• Thank you received: 1
  • Hikashop Business
1 year 4 months ago #347715

-- HikaShop version -- : 4.6.2
-- Joomla version -- : 4.2.6
-- PHP version -- : 8.1.3
-- Browser(s) name and version -- : Brave 1.46.144
-- Error-message(debug-mod must be tuned on) -- : An error occurred attempting to update orders: Error in XML. Reason: The 'Value' element is invalid - The value '' is invalid according to its datatype 'String100' - The actual length is greater than the MaxLength value.

The attached error message is from Shipstation when trying to update orders. I have x'ed out the references to our client. We have a component that stores images for custom products in a very specific location in the media folder. This makes for images paths that are longer than the 100 characters that Shipstation allows. Our client does not need these images to go to Shipstation. Is there a way to simply turn off including the images in the update to Shipstation?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 13069
1 year 4 months ago #347771

Hi,

Change the code:

$image_url = '
						<ImageUrl><![CDATA[' . (string)strip_tags($img_array[$product->product_id]->url) . ']]></ImageUrl>';
to:
$url = (string)strip_tags($img_array[$product->product_id]->url);
					if(strlen($url) <= 100)
						$image_url = '
						<ImageUrl><![CDATA[' . $url . ']]></ImageUrl>';
in the file plugins/system/shipstation/shipstation.php and it will automatically skip images if their URL is greater than 100 characters.
We'll add that change on our end too.

• Hikashop Business
1 year 3 months ago #348507

Hi Nicolas,

Thank you for the update. We are still having a problem with this.

Previously without your update in this thread Shipstation would return the error message everytime you would try to sync.

With your update Shipstation claims to sync orders successfully but it doesn't actually sync anything. If there is an order in the queue it will enter the same str100 error in the activity log but not show it for the end user. It will then show every new sync as successful without actually doing anything.

I can provide access to both the website and the shipstation account if that is helpful.

• Thank you received: 611
1 year 3 months ago #348509

Hello,

Yes please, use our Contact us form to provide these elements :
- Url link to your backend
- User Backend references (with maximum Acl)
- Shipstation account references

Don't forget to add an Url link to this topic in your Contact us message.
Awaiting your elements to progress on your subject.
Regards

Last edit: 1 year 3 months ago by Philip.

1 year 3 months ago #348524

Hello,

I had installed a new patched version, and process some tests, it seems that now it work, but can you confirm it, please ?
Another point have caused you have a very long item custom field (custom_design_email), that can explain also the issue.

Awaiting your returns.
Regards

• Hikashop Business
1 year 3 months ago #348576

Thank you Philip. I will review with our client and let you know if there are additional concerns.

The following user(s) said Thank You: Philip

• Hikashop Business
1 year 2 months ago #349066

Hi Phillip,

We are still having issues with our connection.

Here is the latest from Shipstation support...

here is an image of what your store feeds are appearing as>>> share.getcloudapp.com/qGuZbkL0 also there are no current store feeds being produced beyond January 11th.

I've also included the information for API support as mentioned during our call ( share.getcloudapp.com/9Zuz9b5j ); though I am still sending this issue to senior support to see if this needs to be escalated further.

I am not sure how to best connect the support that you are providing with the support offered at Shipstation. I did provide a login for our shipstation account and information for accessing the site.

Any recommendations on how I can proceed further to get this resolved?

Thanks.

• Hikashop Business
1 year 2 months ago #349067

Sorry for the repeated posts. I just spoke with our client. It looks like the orders are now coming into shipstation correctly. Shipstation is updating the order status in the order history. It is not including the shipping tracking ID. Is there a way to have shipstation automatically include the tracking ID when it communicates order status?

1 year 2 months ago #349072

Hello,

The Shipstation plugin will add automatically any tracking datas notified by Shipstation.
From this if you see nothing in your order form or relative email then 2 possibilities :
- For a reason or another Shipstation didn't provide (in this notification to your e-commerce) these datas
OR
- Your Shipping service didn't provide its to Shipstation.

From this you can ask to Shipstation why there are no Tracking datas (and check that it's not a setting issue) AND contact your relative shipping service, and check that it's not a setting point in your service merchant account.

Hope this will help you to get the root issue.
Regards

Last edit: 1 year 2 months ago by Philip.

Time to create page: 0.080 seconds