Reserve shipping methods if there is at least 1 specific product and in 1 order

• Thank you received: 21
  • Hikashop Business
1 year 3 months ago #347942

Hi,

I would like to be able to use only certain shipping methods when certain products are in the order (in my case, this would be to deal with products considered as 'hazardous material').
I have seen several solutions on the forum, but none of them seem to fit my case perfectly (warehouse and/or the 'Use price per product').,

I don't want :
- Two separates orders if 1 product is dangerous and the other is not (problem of the warehouse solution).
I want :
- Have shipping methods displayed and others hidden if the order has at least 1 product 'dangerous' (problem for the 'Use price of product')

Is there another solution or am I missing something?

Thanks in advance for your help and if I'm not being clear, don't hesitate to tell me.

Last edit: 1 year 3 months ago by FDBI.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 13068
1 year 3 months ago #347946

Hi,

I would recommend the "use price per product" option.
I don't see why you couldn't have shipping methods displayed and others hidden if the order has at least 1 product 'dangerous' with the "use price per product".

For example, if you have shipping method A and B with their "use price per product" setting activated.
And you have product C and D. But you don't want to be able to ship product D with shipping method A.
Then, in the product D, you can tick the block checkbox for shipping method A.
Then, on the checkout, if you have:
- product C, then you'll see both A and B
- product D, then you'll see only B
- both product C and D, then you'll see only B

The following user(s) said Thank You: FDBI

• Hikashop Business
1 year 3 months ago #347964

Hi,

Thank you for these informations.

In fact, these shipping methods method would really be reserved for orders that have at least 1 dangerous product and should not be available for others.
With your example, I wanted :
- product C (no dangerous), then you'll see both A and NOT B

So, to sum up:
- product C => shipping A
- product D => shipping B
- both product C and D => shipping B

More concretely, it's for example to have a Colissimo for dangerous goods and another Colissimo when there is none (with different prices obviously).

Otherwise I think the solution is an override to hide shipping A if shipping B is available.
But it would still be better if there was a solution without an override.

I also think that my need differs from the logic of the shipping methods because I create a link between some and a kind of hierarchy : B > A (priority).

• Thank you received: 13068
1 year 3 months ago #347965

Hi,

In that case, you could use the volume restrictions on top of the "use price per product" option.
Suppose that product C has a volume of 0 (all dimensions set to 0), and product D has a volume of 1 (all dimensions set to 1).
In the shipping method B, you can set a minimum volume of 1. That way, shipping method B will only appear in the checkout if product D is in the cart.

It will be simpler than creating a custom shipping plugin for it.

The following user(s) said Thank You: FDBI

• Hikashop Business
1 year 3 months ago #347979

Nice idea !
I hadn't thought about it and it's a good alternative as I don't use the volume.

Thanks for your help, I will try this.

Time to create page: 0.064 seconds