Website shipping

• Thank you received: 1
  • Hikashop Essential
1 year 10 hours ago #351078

-- HikaShop version -- : 4.7.2
-- Joomla version -- : Joomla! 3.10.9
-- PHP version -- : 7.4.33

Hi support,

I have a question about our website shipping. On some recent orders, it seems pretty high. The comment below is from a person who wants a book package with only 2 books,

How and where is this calculated and configured?

I'm using Hikashop UPS and USPS shipping methods.
I attached the plugins settings. I'd like to understand how this plugins calculate the shipping.

Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 13064
1 year 7 hours ago #351084

Hi,

The shipping cost is calculated by the USPS and UPS servers based on the address configured in the shipping method, the shipping address of the customer and the weight and dimensions of the products in the cart.
Note however that I can see you have the "group packages" setting turned off in the UPS shipping method. This means that the plugin will ask the shipping cost for each product individually and then sums up the costs. When the setting is on, HikaShop will sum the dimensions and weight of the products in the cart and ask UPS for the shipping cost of the total.
So I guess you want to turn on that setting. This will result in lower shipping costs when the customer has several products in the cart.

• Thank you received: 1
  • Hikashop Essential
11 months 4 weeks ago #351130

I turned on the UPS group packages settings. Please, let me know if USPS has the same option or something similar to that or it just apply to UPS.

Thanks!

• Thank you received: 13064
11 months 4 weeks ago #351133

Hi,

The USPS plugin doesn't have the setting as far as I remember because it always group the products together.

Time to create page: 0.059 seconds