• Thank you received: 14
  • Hikashop Business
8 months 2 weeks ago #354409

-- HikaShop version -- : 4.7.5
-- Joomla version -- : 4.3.3
-- PHP version -- : 8.0.29
-- Browser(s) name and version -- : Opera 88.0.4412.40

Hi,
we're going to start doing our own deliveries and charge based on distance with rates from, 'free' in the same suburb to various paid rates the further away customers are. What is the most efficient what to let customers see the potential extra cost (based on their location) and then for us to charge that extra amount?

I see that you have 2 geocode related plugins and we're trying to work out if we need one or both.

Thanks,
Ian & Stu

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 13082
8 months 2 weeks ago #354410

Hi,

I think you want to use this plugin:
www.hikashop.com/marketplace/product/250...shipping-plugin.html
It will dynamically calculate the GPS location of the user based on the address and, from there, calculate the distance between him and you. And then you can configure distances and setup different costs based on that.
So it seems to match what you want.

• Hikashop Business
8 months 2 weeks ago #354528

Hi,
We've installed the address and Geo location plugins and set up all API keys through Google but can see the geo location plugin in our shipping methods. Does it appear as a separate plugin or as additional fields in other shipping methods?

Thanks,
Ian and stu

Hi,
we had an old version of the geocoding plugin and, once we purchased the newer version, it worked perfectly. Problem solved.

Last edit: 8 months 2 weeks ago by smithshop123. Reason: issue solved

8 months 2 weeks ago #354534

Hi,

There are two plugins :
- the HikaShop Address Geocoding plugin, where you need to configure the Google API key, and which will retrieve the longitude and latitude of addresses when created or modified.
- the HikaShop Geocoding Shipping plugin. This will appear as any other normal shipping plugin. And so, to create shipping methods for it, you need to go in the menu System>Shipping methods of Hikashop and click on the "new" button and then click on its name to then get the interface to configure it.

• Hikashop Business
7 months 3 weeks ago #355068

Hi.
We got it working ok (Thanks for that) but notice some issues. We're using the plugin to estimate distance based cost for urgent deliveries. However, our shop is located on one side of a harbour and it is showing some suburbs as closer than they are by road. It seems to be using line of sight (i.e. as the crow flies).
Are we using the wrong API? If not can you let us know the regex required to block certain post codes.
Thanks,
Ian & Stu

7 months 3 weeks ago #355073

Hi,

It is indeed using the line of sight distance.

In the Post code Regex, you can use a normal regular expression to provide valid or invalid post codes.
For example, a regex to not have several words:
stackoverflow.com/questions/7801581/rege...tiple-specific-words
So supposing you want to block post codes 12345 and 56789 you could use:

^(?!.*(12345|56789)).*$

Being able to dynamically calculate the distance between two points is possible with the distance matrix API of Google Maps:
developers.google.com/maps/documentation...trix/distance-matrix
The plugin doesn't currently supports it.
However, I think it's a good option to add to it.
I've been working on it today following your message here. I think I have a first version ready. However, I'm not able to test it, as it requires a Google Maps API account which I don't currently have as it expired 2 years ago (because I was not actively using it after developing the geocoding shipping plugin). Recreating one is possible but it will take several days.
If you want to help us add that capability to the plugin, you can use our contact form to talk to us about it:
www.hikashop.com/support/contact-us.html
Make sure you provide a link to this thread as reference in your message.

• Hikashop Business
5 months 2 weeks ago #356737

Hi,
when we use the auto-address look-up function it comes up with an error message, "google can't load maps correctly. Do you own this website?"
We're not sure if this is a know problem or something we have caused. Any ideas on how to troubleshoot this? We are using v5 of Hika.

Regards,
Ian and Stu

Attachments:

5 months 2 weeks ago #356755

Hi,

I can't checked your website as it is blocked for France were we are based.
However, I suspect it's because the APIs necessary have not been enabled in your Google Maps account.
I would recommend installing this extension on your browser and trying again:
chromewebstore.google.com/detail/google-...nkgeejmlkfeheihlehne
It should hopefully display to you what the problem is.
Otherwise, you can also open the console of your browser while reproducing the issue. The Google Maps javascript should display information about what the problem is in there.

Time to create page: 0.059 seconds