Create custom zones for shipping

• Thank you received: 11
  • Hikashop Business
2 months 2 weeks ago #359098

-- HikaShop version -- : 5.0.3
-- Joomla version -- : 3.10.12

Hello!

I created 3 country zones cause i need to devide Greece in 3 shipping zones.
So 1st is Attiki, 2nd is Islands and 3rd is all Other cities.
What i want to do is to be able to select first the "country" Islands and then another dropdown that is "Display limited to" country will appear and there will be the list with all the islands. This dropdown applies only for islands. Basically the other countries have only one state.

For all these zones i will have different shipping cost per kilo. For example, if the customer selects Islands and then Crete, they will see the Crete shipping cost.

So i created the countries, the states and the custom fields for that but if i select Attiki for example i still see the shipping cost of the Islands.

How can i fix that?

Thank you

Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 13078
2 months 2 weeks ago #359101

Hi,

I looked at your website. It seems that you disabled the address_state field.
However, the switch of shipping methods works fine based on the address_country field as far as I can see.
For example: i.imgur.com/i4e0s3A.png
And then, I edit the shipping address, change the country, validate and I get: i.imgur.com/bk4xgnB.png
Also, if the switch of shipping method doesn't work, then the problem would be with the shipping methods. You didn't provide screenshots of their settings though so I can't check what you did there.

The following user(s) said Thank You: verzevoul

• Hikashop Business
2 months 2 weeks ago #359121

Hi!

I sent you access to see for yourself.
I disabled the address_state field cause it wasn't working. I enabled though again for you to see it.
Now i see that if i select the country with or without selecting state no shipping method appears.

Thank you

2 months 2 weeks ago #359123

Hi,

I think there is a problem with the way you set this all up.
If I look at the data of the shipping address of the user account you provided, I can see that the address_state is set to Έβρος even though the country is set to Αττική
That's because since you restrict the display of the address_state to only the Εκτός Αττικής country zone, when you select another country zone, the state field is hidden, and its value is not taken into account to update the address, and thus the old value is still in the database, even though you don't see it. And when the shipping methods system selects the shipping methods, the address_state takes priority over the address_country.
I think you need to remove the "display limited to" in the address_state field so that it is always displayed. That way, it will refresh based on the selected country, and it will overwrite the address_state in the database each time you save an address.
It will prevent this situation where the shipping method selection system thinks the address if for another zone than what you can see.
I've made the change for you and it seems to be working fine now.

• Hikashop Business
2 months 2 weeks ago #359126

Hi,

I did that but still doesn't work.
I made some changes but they don't apply i don't understand.
I made the 3 countries states and i published Greece again and i added the 3 states to Greece but on the address page it shows all states that were there before. It seems very complicated to make this work!

Did you check the backend?

Thank you

Attachments:

2 months 2 weeks ago #359128

Hi,

I don't understand what you mean.
As I said in my previous message:

I've made the change for you and it seems to be working fine now.

So I had already made the changes, with the backend access you had provided of course, and I tested them and it worked.
Now, I can see that you changed completely the zones to something else, you're saying it doesn't work, and you're wondering if I went in your backend even though it should be clear to you I went.

So it looks to me that you didn't read what I wrote, or didn't understand. And I'm not sure what to tell you. Why did you change it all to have Greece as country and not the 3 states as countries ?
What are you trying to achieve by doing so ?

Also, please understand that I've already spent one whole hour on your website before writing my previous message to understand what was going on, try to figure out what you want to do and make changes so that it works fine.
I'm sorry but we're far from normal user support here.

I think that first, we need to better understand what's your goal here. And that you provide some user cases of what should happen to get a clear picture of where you want to go with this before working on this. And we'll have to charge for the time spent there.

Please go through our contact form to continue this discussion:
www.hikashop.com/support/contact-us.html

• Hikashop Business
2 months 1 week ago #359161

Hi Nicolas!

Thank you for your time but it was not working as i wanted it to.
As i explained to you, i saw and checked what you suggested
I think you need to remove the "display limited to" in the address_state field so that it is always displayed. That way, it will refresh based on the selected country, and it will overwrite the address_state in the database each time you save an address.
but it wasn't working for me, i don't know how it worked for you. The result was exactly the same.

The thing is that i need Greece as my main tax category so isn't there going to be a problem if i disable Greece?

Thank you

2 months 1 week ago #359163

Hi,

It depends.
Are you selling outside of Greece or only to Greece ? If it's only to Greece, you don't need a country selector for tax calculations.
You can just have the tax rules without a zone restriction and it will apply to everyone.

What payment method are you planning on using ? Some payment gateways might require the country of the user. In that case, you need to keep Greece in there.
In that case, the approach you have with changing the zones won't work.
Instead, I would rather recommend to use post codes in your shipping methods to restrict the shipping methods to different areas of Greece.
In fact, that might be a viable solution even if you're not constrained by your payment gateway.

• Hikashop Business
2 months 1 week ago #359168

Hi!

I'm selling only in Greece. Okay so i removed the Zone Greece from the tax category right?
I changed everything back to how you had it in the first place, but still it does not work.
No courier shipping methods are displayed, i set up a courier shipping method for each state of the country "Εκτός Αττικής (other cities)" and 2 courier shipping methods for the other countries.
I go to checkout and i see no courier methods there.

Thank you

2 months 1 week ago #359171

Hi,

As far as I can see, it works:
i.imgur.com/iOlwE9z.png
i.imgur.com/gEmDSBR.png
i.imgur.com/6G28Hbf.png
i.imgur.com/RkaZVh4.png
You can see on my screenshots that I changed the country/state for my shipping method, and each time, I got another courrier shipping method.

I'm suspecting that you forgot that you need to validate the shipping address by pressing the "OK" button before the shipping methods selection area is refreshed. Could you please check ?

Last edit: 2 months 1 week ago by nicolas.

• Hikashop Business
2 months 1 week ago #359193

Hi,

I checked from Firefox and it does work yes. So it's probably cache on Chrome.

Thank you for help nicolas!

The following user(s) said Thank You: nicolas

Time to create page: 0.081 seconds