Taxes On Checkout Showing In Product Description a

• Thank you received: 0
8 years 2 months ago #233520

-- HikaShop version -- : 2.6.1
-- Joomla version -- : 3.4.8
-- PHP version -- : 5.6.16
-- Browser(s) name and version -- : Firefox 45.0
-- Error-message(debug-mod must be tuned on) -- : none

When checking out, the tax is automatically applied to the product price. Then in checkout flow, under shipping it shows again but shows the tax as taxing the total plus shipping. however, that tax total is only shown and does not appear to be included in the total checkout cost. So how would I remove that second tax or have it shown correctly? I am using the tax cloud integration.

Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 13138
8 years 2 months ago #233524

Hi,

It's quite normal to display it like that in Europe since you're supposed to display the prices with taxes everywhere, and the tax amount is only informative.
I guess you want to set the "show taxed prices" setting of the HikaShop configuration to "no tax". That way, you'll get the display usually used in the US with the product prices untaxed and the tax displayed as an additional fee to the untaxed prices.

The following user(s) said Thank You: guardsol

• Thank you received: 0
8 years 2 months ago #233607

Thank you for your answer. This seems to be a flaw although I understand it is not. It just isnt the way we are used to seeing tax information displayed. Thank you for explaining that is the way it is in Europe. It makes it easier to understand.
Have a great weekend.

Time to create page: 0.061 seconds