• Hikashop Business
7 years 3 months ago #257116

-- HikaShop version -- : 2.6.4
-- Joomla version -- : 3.6.4
-- PHP version -- : 5.6
-- Browser(s) name and version -- : Firefox latest version
-- Error-message(debug-mod must be tuned on) -- : None

Hi,

In Holland tax-rules imply that shippingcosts should get the same VAT as the products being shipped.
Thus products with 6% VAT results in shippingcosts with 6% VAT.
And products with 21% VAT results in shippingcosts with 21% VAT.
Besides these two: a combination of goods with both 6% and 21% VAT MUST have the same percentage of VAT included.
So if the following products are shipped: 1 piece € 10,- 6% VAT excluded and 1 piece € 50,- 21% VAT excluded and shippingcosts are € 6,- VAT included, then the VAT-value of the shippingcosts MUST be calculated relatively over the two products.

In this case the VAT shippingcosts are 10/60*6/106*6 + 50/60*21/121*6
In words:
VAT Shippingcosts =
TotalAmountProducts6% / TotalAmountProducts * VAT6% / (TotalAmountProducts6%+VAT6%) * Shippingcosts +
TotalAmountProducts21% / TotalAmountProducts * VAT21% / (TotalAmountProducts21%+VAT21%) * Shippingcosts

Is this feature somewhere in HikaShop available?
If not is it possible to add this as a new feature in the near future?

Besides this i have another question: Shippingcosts should not be charged when the total amount of products is above a certain amount.
How and where can I change this in HikaShop?

Thanks in advance :)

Last edit: 7 years 3 months ago by W13ear.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 13037
7 years 3 months ago #257120

Hi,

1. When you edit a shipping method in HikaShop you can see the "tax category" setting which allows you to select the tax category to be used for the shipping method fees. So as you can see, it can't dynamically use the tax category of the products.
What you can do to circumvent that is to create two warehouses, one for each tax rate and assign the warehouses to the products based on their tax category.
Then, create two shipping methods, one for each warehouse and select the corresponding tax category in each one.
That way, on the checkout, the products will be grouped per warehouse and the shipping methods corresponding to each group will use the same tax category as the products of that group for the shipping fee.
And the total shipping fee will be the sum of the shipping methods selected for each group.

2. You can use the minimum/maximum price restrictions of your shipping methods in order to display/remove them from the checkout.
Note however that if you have different groups of products, like explained on point 1, then the shipping methods restrictions will be based on the total of their group, not the total of the order.

• Thank you received: 0
  • Hikashop Business
7 years 3 months ago #257213

Hi Nicolas,

1. Not the solution for my situation. When ordering from two warehouses the shipping costs would be twice as much.
And it is still not as the taxrules demand it.

2. I tried this but it didnt seem to work. Maybe I have something misinterpret during installation and finetuning.
I will look into it once more and come back to you if the problem still appears.

Thanks so far!

• Thank you received: 609
7 years 3 months ago #257219

Hello,

We needs maybe more details, because in our mind of course you will have for example,
Cart content :
- 1 product with 6% VAT + shipping cost with 6% VAT
AND
- 1 product with 21% VAT + shipping cost with 21% VAT

And so, you will have a "2 steps" shipping cost, and so I'm quite surprised by "the shipping costs would be twice as much", maybe there is something we don't understand.

Awaiting news from you.

Regards

Last edit: 7 years 3 months ago by Philip.

7 years 2 weeks ago #264908

Hello,

I am having the same issue as W13ear. When using two warehouses, shipping is indeed calculated twice. What Hikashop should need is a more complex tax formula, instead of just adding a tax-rate to shipping.
Would this be possible?
Alternatively I could remove the tax (subtotal) line in cart.php, but most customers like to have an order with tax amount.

Jan

7 years 1 week ago #265109

Hi,

It sure is possible to have more complex formulas to calculate your shipping fees with HikaShop. Just implement your own shipping plugin and you'll be able to have formulas as complex as you want. We have some documentation for developers available here:
www.hikashop.com/support/documentation/6...r-documentation.html
And you can use the shipping plugins already in HikaShop as examples.

• Hikashop Business
7 years 1 week ago #265113

Hi Nicolas,

Thank you for sharing this information.
I had a quick look at it and I am not sure wether I fully understand.
But I will try some stuff next coming days to see if I get the picture.
I might be back with some questions which I will place in this topic so others may find this usefull too.

First question I have already is: What plugin places the current shipping costs in the checkout?

7 years 1 week ago #265117

Hi,

Each plugin (in the folder plugins/hikashopshipping/) places himself its shipping costs in the checkout.
Note that the plugins extend for the shipping helper class in the file administrator/components/com_hikashop/helpers/helper.php which contains many functions that do the grunt work.

Last edit: 7 years 1 week ago by nicolas.

3 years 11 months ago #318110

Hi,

In case you missed it, of if others found this thread in the future, please note that since several versions of HikaShop, there is a setting "Automatic taxes" in shipping methods where you can select "proportion".
In that case, the taxes calculated for the shipping method will be a proportion of each tax rate based on the proportion of each product total amount in the cart. So this will satisfy your need easily.

Time to create page: 0.061 seconds