VAT with % information for each country on invoice

• Thank you received: 2
7 years 2 months ago #259844

-- HikaShop version -- : 2.6.4
-- Joomla version -- : 3.6.5

Hi,
my accountant just told me that we have to show the VAT percentage on the invoices. I thought I could just edit the VAT for each country in the settings, but can't find where. Could you please point me in the right direction?
Thanks
Roger

Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 13037
7 years 2 months ago #259848

The text "VAT (ES)" is the name of your tax rate.
You can go in the menu System>Taxes, click on the "manage tax rates" and create a new tax rate with the new name you want and then go in the menu System>Taxes, edit your tax rules and change the tax rate to the new one.
The modification will be effective for all the future orders.

7 years 2 months ago #260092

Thanks Nicolas,
do I need to do this for all countries, since I work with the electronic goods version and have to show all the different tax rates for each country on the invoice?
Best
Roger

• Thank you received: 4004
7 years 2 months ago #260095

Hi,

If you want to configure your taxes that way, yes you have to edit every rule you want to change.

We are provide a plugin which will install all europe vat rules, and regarding the law it is better to group the taxes by country and not by percentage :
www.hikashop.com/support/documentation/2...urope-vat-rules.html

Regards,

Jerome - Obsidev.com
HikaMarket & HikaSerial developer / HikaShop core dev team.

Also helping the HikaShop support team when having some time or couldn't sleep.
By the way, do not send me private message, use the "contact us" form instead.

7 years 2 months ago #260565

Hi,
yes, I know about that plugin since I triggered the development and paid you some extra for starting it....

Anyway, my accountant wants the percentage on the invoice. I don't want to screw up my tax settings by deleting and adding tax rules. Why can't I just edit the name? It's all greyed out. Or can you tell me where to look in the database to change the names over there?

Thanks
Roger

• Thank you received: 13037
7 years 2 months ago #260577

Hi,

The names can't be changed because the system relies on the name to link the tax rates in the order with the tax rates listing, and the tax rate in the tax rules with the tax rates listing.
So what you need to do is to create new tax rates via the "manage tax rates" button and then edit your tax rules via the menu System>Taxes to select the tax rate with the new name.
You can potentially do it in the tables hikashop_taxation and hikashop_tax tables via your PHPMyAdmin.

Time to create page: 0.063 seconds