Icon to Currency Switcher Module selector issues

• Thank you received: 35
4 years 3 weeks ago #316325

-- HikaShop version -- : 4.2.3
-- Joomla version -- : 3.9.15
-- PHP version -- : 7.3.15
-- Browser(s) name and version -- : Chrome 80

Hi guys,

1 - Right now the Currency Switcher Module dropdown selector menu shows the Currency Symbol + Code .
- Often the currencies has no a one letter symbol and the result is an awful different currencies width list
- We are used to give a more simple as possible user experience saving space and using images instead of words as possible
1A - Please, How to show a currency symbol .svg icon of the selected currency (not on the list) ?
1B - At least, is there a way to just show the Symbol (and / or the Code) of the selected currency instead of both (not on the list) ?

2 - Please, What is the "Do not use a form" option into the module ?

3 - Do you an idea why I'm not having back the small arrow selector ? ( I'm using the Helix Ultimate template by JoomShaper that is running Bootstrap 4)

4 - Right now into the dropdown menu the Currencies list are ordered by System > Currencies > ID.
As far sas I know there is no way to manually reorder them in a mixed most important / alphabetical solution.
Reordering them by Code, or Symbol, or Name into the System > Currencies list does not apply the the dropdown module menu list and are shown in a very disordered way (I'm using a lot of currencies in a display mode).
Please, Is there any way to have them reordered / reorganized not by ID ?

Last edit: 4 years 3 weeks ago by joomleb.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 13037
4 years 2 weeks ago #316351

Hi,

1.a. In the "symbol" field of the currency, you can enter HTML code. So you can have an img tag with your svg file.
www.hikashop.com/forum/4-how-to/10569-ch...currency-symbol.html
1.b. You would have to modify the line:

$this->values[] = JHTML::_('select.option', (int)$currency->currency_id, $currency->currency_symbol.' '.$currency->currency_code);
in the file administrator/components/com_hikashop/types/currency.php
Please note however that you would loose the change each time you update your HikaShop so you would have to redo it.

2. It's an option to change the way the module works. Either with a real HTML form, or with a URL redirect with extra parameters in the URL. Both work fine normally. However, based on how you display the switcher module on your website, it's possible that the form mode wouldn't work (for example, if you add the module inside another form, or if you have javascript errors on the page.
If your switcher module works fine, no need to change that option.

3. It's probably a problem with the CSS of your template. Without a link to that page, in order to check the CSS, I can't say more.

4. There is no option for that. The only solution is to export the hikashop_currency table from your phpmyadmin as a CSV. Edit the CSV in Excel, and change the order and id of the elements the way you want them. Then, empty the hikashop_currency table in your phpmyadmin and import the modified CSV in order to get the currencies in the order you want.

• Thank you received: 35
4 years 2 weeks ago #316557

Hi Nicolas,

1A / 1B - I'm not sure to have understood all what you suggested, anyway, I'm going to try and test well before to ask you again here...

2 - Thanks for the explanation

3 - Yes, sure. Be careful, the link it was yet there: I'm using the Helix Ultimate template

4 - Many Thanks for the tip. From my point of view have something to reorder would be a good thing for next releases...

• Thank you received: 13037
4 years 1 week ago #316564

Hi,

1. In this line of code, this code displays the symbol and then the code:

$currency->currency_symbol.' '.$currency->currency_code
So if you just want the symbol, you can change it to:
$currency->currency_symbol

3. Sorry, the way you said it, I thought it was a link to your template on their website, not a link to your website. In the file 507panama.com/templates/shaper_helixulti...ss/bootstrap.min.css of your template there is this CSS :
monosnap.com/file/YAFbeH1mGQodSIzEnqX7dlL7nkJFjR
And that's what's controlling the look of the dropdowns on your frontend.
The issue comes from this code :
-webkit-appearance: none;
If I change it to :
-webkit-appearance: listbox;
it then displays fine:
monosnap.com/file/iZLFhWBhew2080kXFTWR2fKFcfbTJm
So I would recommand to report the issue to your template provider so that they can look into it and tell you what's the best way to change this.

4. It's noted on my end even though it's not a priority.

Time to create page: 0.092 seconds