URGENT- Wrong Tax calculations

• Thank you received: 0
3 years 9 months ago #321178

Hi,

We want to apply a coupon discount on a product and arrive at a discounted price. On this discounted price the tax should be applied. Then the discounted price and the tax should sum up to the total amount in the cart. But currently, it is not happening like that. Please find attached the screenshot of the Cart.

Actual calculations should be like this:

A. Product price(excl.tax)- 7789
B. Coupan 5% on above price- 389
C. Net product price(before tax)(A-B)- 7400
D. 18% tax on Net product price(C*18%)- 1332
E. Total Cart price(C+D)- 8732

So, the tax value should be display Rs 1332 as given in the above point D. This is right and required.

But in the screenshot attached it is showing 1402 which is 18% of 7789(point A above). This is wrong.

I have also attached the current tax settings for your information. A quick fix is highly appreciated.

Thanks

Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 13036
3 years 9 months ago #321182

Hi,

You have the "apply coupons" setting that you might want to change.
And also, this depends on how the tax settings are configured in the coupon.
I would recommend to have the automatic tax setting activated in the coupon.

3 years 9 months ago #321207

Hi Nicolas,

Great! I did the required settings and tax calculations are displaying in the cart correctly. I have attached screenshot carttaxcorrect

But now, at other places calculations, amounts are not reflecting as per the above bifurcation on customer order history, order history additional information section, Vendor price, Invoice, Email notification, etc.

I NEED to show the exact bifurcation of the amounts as shown in the carttaxcorrect screenshot above everywhere across the places- Order history, Customer Order, Email notification, Vendor paid, etc.

Please find attached wrong amounts shown by arrows. I NEED to show EXACT bifurcation of the amounts, taxes, coupons, etc as per the carttaxcorrect at all places.

Thanks!

Last edit: 3 years 9 months ago by Harrier.

3 years 9 months ago #321216

Hi,

Looking at your screenshots, it seems that you have the "show taxed prices" setting of the HikaShop configuration set to "with taxes". Change it to "no taxes" and it should display like you want everywhere.

The following user(s) said Thank You: Harrier

3 years 9 months ago #321286

Thanks Nicolas. It works!

But our requirement is we have to display the product price on product page as including taxes but everywhere else it should do the reverse calculation to arrive at base amount, then deduct coupon(if applied) to arrive at net amount. Then on this net amount tax will be calculated and total amount should be shown(net amount plus tax on it). This is happening in Cart but not in email notifications, Order history, Invoice, etc. How do we show this everywhere else including vendor pages since we have Hikamarket Multi vendor latest version except the product page?

Following cart screenshot is showing including tax unit price where our price given in the product page is including and in cart we want to show the excluding tax, then calculate tax amount separately(tax not to be applicable on discounts, coupon amounts) then arrive at final total.

Wrong calculation of unit price in the cart screenshot and our taxes settings are attached herewith.

Thanks!

Attachments:
Last edit: 3 years 9 months ago by Harrier.

3 years 9 months ago #321289

Hi,

In that case, you want to keep that setting set to "no taxes". Then, you can edit the file product / show.php via the menu Display>Views and add such line at the top:

<?php $this->params->set('price_with_tax', 1); ?>
And it will display the price including taxes on the product page.

Time to create page: 0.110 seconds