Tax Changes

• Thank you received: 20
  • Hikashop Essential
3 years 3 months ago #328001

-- HikaShop version -- : 4.4.0
-- Joomla version -- : 3.9.23
-- PHP version -- : 7.4.13

Hi

I have site where 20% VAT was the default rate. Due to Brexit changes are now required.

I currently have a 0% rate for UK postage and 20% rate for EU & UK as per the screenshot. I now require 20% only for UK as the default with zero for EU & International orders.

So can I just remove the EU from the default rate and add it to the new EU rate which is not published as yet and will I need to add all the other countries to the new zero rate?

VAT would also not be chargeable on the postage so that would need to be achieved as well.

I would appreciate some advice please?

Thanks

David B)

Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 13060
3 years 3 months ago #328002

Hi,

Yes and no. You could add the Europe tax zone and all other countries to a tax rule with a 0% tax rate. But you could also not have any tax rule for them. In that case, no tax will be charged.
The difference between the two methods is that with the first one, you'll get a row with the tax name and the amount of 0 on the checkout/order/invoice, while with the other, you won't get any tax row.

So the simplest solution in your case would be to just remove the Europe tax zone from your third tax rule.

• Hikashop Essential
3 years 3 months ago #328021

Hi Nicolas

thanks for the reply. The prices are actually set up including VAT. So while the I can remove the VAT element for the EU etc the price Is still £21.99 for instance where the excluding VAT price would actually be £18.325. I have attached a screenshot as an example. One is using an EU address, the other a UK address where the postage is also zero rated.

To update all the price to be excluding VAT would be quite a task and UK retail would rather see the actual price including the VAT. The breakdown itself at checkout is fine.

I have also attached the setting in the configuration for taxes.

Thanks

David

3 years 3 months ago #328024

Hi,

When you activate the "floating tax prices" setting, it means that you enter the NET prices and that the customer will pay that price no matter the taxes calculated.
But in your last message, you seem to say that it's not what you want, and that you actually want the end price to vary based on the tax calculated.
In that case, you can't have floating tax prices. You need to have prices without tax entered in the products and have the tax added to these prices.
Now, updating the prices of all the products in one go will be easy with the mass actions system.
You just need to create a mass action with an action "update the values" on the column "price_value" with the mode "operation" selected and the value : price.price_value*100/120
When you process the mass action, it will update the prices of the products with that operation.
Note that thanks to the "Limitations" area of the mass action, it will by default only process the 500 first products. So you can process the mass action several times, each time incrementing the "start" field by the value in the "value" input field so that you'll cover all the products.
I don't recommend processing too much products at once as the process might crash because of your PHP limitations. 500 allows to run a mass action even on servers with important PHP limitations in place.
Note that if you process some products several times, you'll end up with wrong prices for them. So be careful. You might want to try that out on a copy of the website first.

• Hikashop Essential
3 years 3 months ago #328049

Hi Nicolas

thanks for the reply.

This could be quite a task as there are variants as well on most of the products. Will this change prices on the invoices already generated?

Would you be able to quote as some custom work to carry this out for me?

Thanks

David

3 years 3 months ago #328051

Hi,

This won't change the prices on the invoices and orders already generated.
We could give you a quote on such a job. With a PHPMyAdmin access, we should be able to update everything in one go.
However, any PHP developer could do such thing.
You can for example contact our partner TsukiDev for such small custom work:
www.hikashop.com/home/our-partners.html

The following user(s) said Thank You: davec

• Hikashop Essential
3 years 3 months ago #328147

Hi Nicolas

thanks for the reply. I did email them but have not received any reply.

Can you also quote for me please?

Thanks

David

• Hikashop Essential
3 years 3 months ago #328172

Hi Nicolas

I have now had a reply thanks.

David

• Hikashop Essential
3 years 3 months ago #328176

Hi Nicolas

I have managed to replicate the site and perform the mass action with the results as expected. Thanks for you help with that. I have informed Mohamed @ TsukiDev

I have however now found another issue. There are a number of products with a deposit and full price variant. If I select the Full Price it returns a value in the test site of £0.00 as it wasn't populated originally.

On the live site the price updates as expected. So is there a way via mass actions to update the Full Price Variant to the actual product price, £15.99 in the case of the attached screenshots?

Thanks

David

Attachments:
Last edit: 3 years 3 months ago by davec. Reason: Added another image

3 years 3 months ago #328179

Hi,

I suppose that it's because the mass action created a 0$ price entry for these variants while before they didn't have any price entry at all and thus they would inherit from the main product price.
So if you want to avoid that issue when running the mass action on the live website, you'll have to add an extra filter on the price_value so that it is higher than 0.001. That way, the mass action won't add a price entry for the variants without one and it should avoid the problem.
Note that add the filter now and rerunning the mass action on the test website won't work as the price entry has already been entered. You would have to redo a test website from your live website and then you could test that out.

• Hikashop Essential
3 years 3 months ago #328198

Hi Nicolas

The full price was inherited from the main price.

I can revert the price table from a back up so would them need to run a new Mass Action.

Can you provide the information to run the filter again please with the extra information required? Or is there an alternative way to populate the full price variant with the main price using an sql query?

Thanks

David

Attachments:

3 years 3 months ago #328200

Hi,

Yes, restore the hikashop_price table. Then, run the same mass action but with an extra filter on the price_value so that it is higher than 0.001. Then it should work like you want.

• Hikashop Essential
3 years 3 months ago #328263

Hi Nicolas

thanks for that information. I have now run that 2 or 3 times on a test and the rices have updated.

I have a number of shipping prices also which will need adjusting, is there a mass action I cam run for this. I looked under the order option but I think that may relate to the prices already charged?

Thanks

David

Attachments:

3 years 3 months ago #328267

Hi,

Shipping prices can't be updated through mass actions.
You would have to run a MySQL query via your PHPMyAdmin.
For example:
UPDATE #__hikashop_shipping_price SET shipping_price_value = shipping_price_value*100/120, shipping_fee_value = shipping_fee_value*100/120
where you need to replace #__ by the table prefix of your joomla configuration.

• Hikashop Essential
3 years 3 months ago #328282

Hi Nicolas

thanks for that info. The site has now been updated.

One more question, in the product listings in the admin the price shows excluding tax, is it possible to show the inclusive price?

Thanks

David

3 years 3 months ago #328286

Hi,

You can edit the file product / listing.php via the menu Display>Views and change the line:
$field = 'price_value';
to:
$field = 'price_value_with_tax';

• Hikashop Essential
3 years 3 months ago #328331

Hi Nicolas

thanks for the information, all updated and working correctly.

Thanks

David

Time to create page: 0.093 seconds