Product price set with tax but show without for Europe

• Thank you received: 3
  • Hikashop Business
2 years 3 months ago #338151

-- url of the page with the problem -- : willowcrossley.com/
-- HikaShop version -- : 4.4.4
-- Joomla version -- : 3.10.3

Hi, I have all my products' setup with the price set as the price with tax and I have the setting 'Floating tax prices' set to yes. So when the user goes to checkout, they are shown the price with the tax. What I need to do is when the billing address is Europe with I have a separate tax zone for set at 0%, I need the 20% VAT removed from the total.

Firstly, is this possible and if so, how would I go about doing this?

Thanks
Paul.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 13059
2 years 3 months ago #338153

Hi,

I'm not clear what you mean by "I need the 20% VAT removed from the total".
With the "floating tax prices" setting activated, the price you enter in the product will be the total price paid by the user, regardless of the taxes applied on the product.
So if you want the total to vary based on the tax applied to the customer, you don't want to activate that setting.
Note that you'll still be able to enter the price of the products with tax in your products, however, you'll have to edit the price of the products already entered as HikaShop will think it is the price without taxes, while in fact it's the price with 20% tax you entered.

For example, suppose that the price without taxes of your product is 10.
You've entered 12 for your product price with the floating tax price.
So right now, the total will always be 12, with either a price without taxes of 10 (for 20% tax) or 12 (for 0% tax).
Now, you'll turn off the "floating tax price" setting.
So in the product you'll see a price without taxes of 12, and based on the taxes, it will either be 13.2 (for 20% tax) or 12 with taxes (for 0% tax).
So you'll have to adjust the price of the product to 10, so that you get a price with taxes of 12 (for 20% tax), and 10 (for 0% tax).

• Thank you received: 3
  • Hikashop Business
2 years 3 months ago #338224

Hi, thanks for the detailed message. Sorry I was not very clear, I am new to the multi-currency options.

What I would like to do is the following:

- Set my UK price to show with VAT (tax) so that I can set the actual price with tax on the product
- Use the auto rate converter for USD and EUR prices BUT I need these prices to exclude VAT (Tax)

Is this possible? Or do I have to set my prices to be before VAT (Tax) to be able to make this work?

Hopefully that makes more sense!

Thanks a lot
Paul

• Thank you received: 13059
2 years 3 months ago #338230

Hi,

There is no option to restrict the tax rules based on the current currency.
The tax rules are normally based on the shipping address of the user.
Now, you can configure the geolocation plugin of HikaShop to force the currency of the user based on his geolocated IP address, but that's not 100% accurate.
Usually, on top of auto setting the currency based on the IP, it's nice to let the customer select his currency if you want to allow users to pay in different currencies.

But all that is not relevant to your initial problem.
I think you need to do several things:
- turn off the "floating tax prices" setting as you do want the price with taxes to be different whether the user pays taxes or not
- configure the "main tax zone" to be the UK.
- configure a tax rule of 20% for the countries of Europe
- edit your products and make sure that the price with/without taxes correspond to what you want (because you changed the "floating tax prices" setting, you might have to modify them, as I explained previously)

Doing it like that, when you edit a price in the backend, you'll be able to enter the price with taxes, and the system will automatically calculate the price without taxes, which will be used when the tax rule doesn't apply to the current user (based on his shipping address).

On top of that, you'll likely want to configure the geolocation plugin to automatically set the tax zone of the user (before his shipping address overrides it )and his currency based on his IP address

Time to create page: 0.057 seconds