First Step in Checkout page select if User come from Germany or other country

• Thank you received: 2
1 year 5 months ago #346597

-- HikaShop version -- : 4.6.2
-- Joomla version -- : 4.2.3
-- PHP version -- : 8.0.25
-- Browser(s) name and version -- : Firefox

Hi,

first of all thnk you for this really nice component.

I am selling products to germany and in all over the world. Now I need, that if the user comes from Germany the VAT is shown, else no VAT should be displayed in Checkout page or invoice/mail.

I created to different tax zones with 19% for Germany and 0% for all of the rest.

It works fine, if user enter adress in registration or login prozess, but I want a radio or dropdown field as a first step, where the user select if he comes from Germany or not.

Then the cart should show the VAT or not.

Therefore I created a custom field zone with selection of tax zones, but unfortunately this doesn't affect the cart.

What can I do?

Thanks in advance and kind regards, Nina

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 13069
1 year 5 months ago #346615

Hi,

There is no mechanism for that. The tax system bases itself on the "current zone" of the user to calculate the taxes rules.
When the user is logged and has at least one address filled, the system will use the address_state and the address_country fields of the address to determine the current zone.
Otherwise, the system will use the "main tax zone" configured in the HikaShop configuration.
Note however that you have the geolocation plugin which, based on the IP address of the user, will automatically set the "current zone" before the user is logged with an address, and thus overrides the setting in the HikaShop configuration. So that might be the better solution here as it doesn't even require the user to do anything, and on top of that, it works directly on the products listings, product details pages, etc.
You can read more about it here:
www.hikashop.com/support/documentation/7...hop-geolocation.html

Now, if you really want to have a selection for the customer to select Germany/other and the taxes base themselves on it, it's not impossible, but it would require the development of a custom plugin for that.

• Thank you received: 2
1 year 5 months ago #346655

Thanks for quick reply. I think the GeoPlugin is a good solution.

Time to create page: 0.058 seconds