how to configure the differet taxes in United States of America?

• Thank you received: 0
11 months 2 weeks ago #350835

-- HikaShop version -- : 4.7.1
-- Joomla version -- : 4.2.9
-- PHP version -- : 8.1

Hi,

I am using Hikashop for the first time and if anyone can point me in the right direction on how to configure the different combined tax rates in the USA?

I am using this table - taxfoundation.org/2023-sales-taxes/ and using the column combined tax area.

Example in Alabama uses tax rate of 9.25% and Alaska uses tax rate of 1.76% how to configure this in Hikashop for different taxes in USA?

Is there any plugin for complete USA states taxes?

Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 13037
11 months 2 weeks ago #350842

Hi,

You need first to go in the menu System>Taxes and click on the "manage tax rates" button. There, you'll be able to create all the tax rates via the "new" button. I would recommend using names like "Alabama Sales Tax".
Then, go back to the System>Taxes and click on the "new" button to create new tax rules.
You'll need one tax rule per state.
In each tax rule, select the tax rate (for example "Alabama Sales Tax") in the "tax rate" setting, the corresponding state zone in the "zone" setting, the "default tax category" in the "tax category" setting and publish the tax rule.
In each product, make sure you select the "default tax category" in the "product tax category" setting.
Then, on the checkout, the tax should be automatically calculated based on the address entered by the user once he enters it.

• Thank you received: 0
11 months 2 weeks ago #350845

Yes; I did this but the tax computation i wrong. see attached file.

Attachments:

• Thank you received: 13037
11 months 2 weeks ago #350847

Hi,

What do you mean by this ?
The price of the product without taxes is 53 USD.
The tax rate is 1.76%
So the tax amount has to be: 53 * 1.76 / 100 = 0.9328
And it's rounded to 2 decimals to 0.93 which is the exact tax amount you see on your screenshot.
So the tax computation looks just fine.

Are you maybe asking why the shipping fee is not taxed ? That's probably because you turned off the "automatic taxes" setting in your shipping method. So please check the settings of your shipping method in the System>Shipping methods menu, if that's an issue for what you want to do.

Time to create page: 0.058 seconds