Google Wallet vs Google Checkout support...

• Thank you received: 1
11 years 8 months ago #62889

Hello Nicolas and team,

So, out here in the US, Google Wallet is making a BIG splash because it is considerably cheaper than PayPal.

And since Google Wallet is being sold as the replacement [finally] of Google Checkout, [and I've been
getting inquiries], I was wondering if the Google Checkout plugin that exists for Hikashop already/will soon
work with Google Wallet or if a new plugin is/needs to be built instead...

If this can help:
developers.google.com/commerce/

Let me know,

Emmanuel.

Last edit: 11 years 8 months ago by tedstrauss.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 13081
11 years 8 months ago #62893

Hi,

We didn't look into google wallet for now. A new plugin will probably be necessary. The doc isn't freely available on their website yet (it's still a beta) so I can't say for sure.

• Thank you received: 21
  • Hikashop Business Hikashop Essential
10 years 9 months ago #112728

Now that Google Checkout is being killed on Nov. 20th, 2013, are you re-visiting this?

That is will Google Wallet replace the Google Checkout plugin in Hikashop?

Thanks.

10 years 9 months ago #113112

At some point in the future that will happen. It's on our todo list.
We however didn't yet start working on that and do have such plans in the short term (in the next few weeks).

• Thank you received: 4
10 years 8 months ago #119761

Hi Nicolas,

Any update on a Google Wallet Plugin?

Does anyone know if the Google Checkout will work with the Google Wallet Service?

Thanks! -- Steven

10 years 8 months ago #119780

No news yet on our end. The Google wallet service is different from the Google checkout service (why do things the easy way for your users ?) and thus will require a complete rewrite of the plugin.

• Thank you received: 0
10 years 3 months ago #139903

Google checkout is discontinued.
Is there a plugin forthcoming for Google Wallet?

Thanks

10 years 3 months ago #139915

We tried to develop it a few months ago but google didn't provide us with a test account when we requested one so we're stuck on that development at the moment.

9 years 7 months ago #173162

Any update on this?
Also Apple Pay is coming out soon. Both of these plugins are necessary.

• Thank you received: 4004
9 years 7 months ago #173164

Hi,

Without test account, we are not able to develop the plugin.
So no, the Google Wallet plugin does not have any update ; currently the development is not in the schedule, returned in the TODO list for the day where maybe, we will have a test account.

Regards,

Jerome - Obsidev.com
HikaMarket & HikaSerial developer / HikaShop core dev team.

Also helping the HikaShop support team when having some time or couldn't sleep.
By the way, do not send me private message, use the "contact us" form instead.

9 years 7 months ago #173228

A test account? I don't understand. They have a sandbox.
developers.google.com/wallet/digital/docs/tutorial#6

9 years 7 months ago #173230

I appreciate all the work you guys do. I understand that it must be difficult to create a business case for each of the many requests you get. Perhaps you could let the market decide by charging a reasonable amount for these plugins and requesting pre orders?
Just a thought.

9 years 7 months ago #173234

We are happy to develop the google wallet plugin for free. We tried several times in the past and could never get a merchant test account with google. They always told us that the program was not available yet to all the developers and that they would recontact us in the future when it would be made public and blablabla. Of course, no one ever recontacted us.
I don't recall seeing that form before so I applied again. We'll see if we can get what we need to build the plugin.

• Thank you received: 92
9 years 7 months ago #173379

Does google wallet for online purchase is available only on US ? This could explain problems for have developper access account?

I see that google account use google wallet for manage all things that have been buy using android ( virtual product like software , book , music , video) . they don't go to physical market take by amazon or heavy product that use motor or house equipment .in my google account i can see recurrent functionnalities is already accessible. No need to use hikashop then .....but pay some % on all the transaction ( which amount ? , wich censure ? ) !!!
You can't have a market ( virtual or not ) and spread the world with your own payment method. It is the case for apple( itunes) and google ( android play) for their market and product relative to their own product/brand but nont only ( virtual) !
Does google wallet can make users avoid frontier law and send money to foreigner country ?
Google Wallet does not support devices purchased outside the United States.

I Think there is a big law /fee problem .

The problem is about fee. Amazon doesn't use PayPal because PayPal charges big fees, and Amazon has their own credit card and gift cards you can buy stuff with.More and more market ll have they own credit card ( food drugstore , car already have they own ) .....

I am for bitcoin with no law / regulation ( a dream ? ) or why not "big mac price " because price is stable beetween country !!

Mobile operator come into the market since you can pay with you sim card ( without password ) . You child could pay whatever he want on webstore that support this protocol with your phone ( credit card) . This protocol / sytem is activate by default on all mobile when subscribing to any french mobile operator . The service is call internet + ( unfair , who no this and read CLUF EULA, use by adults /childs market video game ). Does hikashop support internet + ?

regard's

Last edit: 9 years 7 months ago by lionel75.

9 years 7 months ago #173447

@lionel75 : it would requrie a specific plugin to be developed and there potentially important restrictions on the possible amounts, cart handling etc. It's not really made for multi purpose ecommerce but for really specific markets like video stream or game purchases.

The following user(s) said Thank You: lionel75

Time to create page: 0.120 seconds