Workflow / Problem with address

• Thank you received: 0
10 years 10 months ago #109688

Hi there,

I have installed hikashop but i run into a lot of problems.

1) I can't enter an address as it asks me in the section Billing address to click on New but nothing happens.
2) Is there a possibility to have the cart directly displayed when users are putting the product into the cart?
3) What should be the last step in the checkout workflow? Mine looks like this: cart_payment,cart_status_login_address_terms_fields_confirm,end I want to make it as smooth as possible but users need necessarily to log in which causes that the process is interrupted as they have to confirm their mail and then return to the shop to proceed with their order. Is there a possibility to avoid this so that the user receives the confirmation mail after the order has been placed?

Thanks for answering those questions but until now I haven't managed to make a single test purchase with the shop as I'm constantly stuck somewhere.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 1778
10 years 10 months ago #109724

Hi,

1. I'll need a link to your website to check if it's coming from a JavaScript error.

2. I think that you can use and publish the cart module to do that, through "Hikashop->Display->Content modules->'HikaShop Cart Module'"

3. Sure you can do it, that's a joomla feature, you'll be able to do that by :
- Going to "Control panel->Global configuration->system->'New User Account Activation'"
- Setting it to NONE

10 years 10 months ago #109751

Hello Mohamed,
that's the URL: erfahrungmit.org/index.php/shop

10 years 10 months ago #109756

2. There is no HikaShop Cart Module available. Do I have to download it from somewhere?
3. By changing this setting I have the message "Registration not allowed" and just a login box. So the process is stopping there.

I don't know why this is so complicated to setup. I just want that users can choose the product, directly go to the cart, enter their address and payment method and done. Are there any default values which can be loaded so that it is preconfigured already?

• Thank you received: 1778
10 years 10 months ago #109761

1. Then you'll just have to create it through your joomla module manager, by setting the type of your module to : HikaShop Cart Module

10 years 10 months ago #110609

OK, did that but my question was how I can directly offer to start the checkout process when putting the item in the cart.

What about the other questions?
1. I'll need a link to your website to check if it's coming from a JavaScript error.
-> Is there any error? I can't open the "New" field for changing the address.
3. By changing this setting I have the message "Registration not allowed" and just a login box. So the process is stopping there.
4. If I don't want users to register for the purchase do I have to purchase hikashop?

• Thank you received: 13099
10 years 10 months ago #110641

0. In the configuration, you will find the option "after a product is added to the cart" where you can configure the behavior of the system to redirect to the checkout (that is actually the default behavior...)

1. The address erfahrungmit.org/index.php/shop you provided do not work.

3. You didn't change the correct option of the user manager of joomla. You configured joomla to not accept new registrations, that's why you get that message. Please change the correct option and that will remove the activation email notification.

4. Yes. The option "registration" of the configuration which you can set to "no registration" is only available in commercial editions. It will remove the username/name/password fields of the form and will leave only the address and the email fields and won't create any joomla user account for users. That way, even if the registration is not allowed on your website (like you have because of point 3), you users will be able to purchase through the checkout as they won't have to register.

Time to create page: 0.082 seconds