You must provide at least one recipient email addr

• Thank you received: 0
10 years 9 months ago #113103

When an order is placed on my website ( www.m2820.com ) and the person clicks "Proceed to checkout", they fill in all their registration and contact info, then click next. Three things happen over and over again (this seems to be a new problem):
1. They get an error message at the top that says, "You must provide at least one recipient email address."
2. The price amounts are in euros instead of US dollars even though the address was clearly in the USA.
3. It does not offer the PayPal option at this point. If you exit the store and empty the shopping cart, then start over and enter the store a second time, everything is correct. Of course, at that point, you have already registered, so you don't need to reenter your contact info. So maybe the registration part is messed up. HikaShop somehow thinks the person is from another country.

I have checked to make sure:
1. The correct emails are in System > Email
2. The correct emails are in System > Configuration > Emails tab (I did not show the entire email address on purpose)

Brad

Sunday School Teacher Training
www.m2820.com
Last edit: 10 years 9 months ago by simo90.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 1778
10 years 9 months ago #113148

Hi,

1. Did you overwritten your emails code through "Hikashop->System->Emails" ?
2. Regarding the currency, are you using this solution ?

In HikaShop, you can set different prices by currency.
And you can force a currency based on the user location, you need the plugin geolocation. It will select automatically the currency and the user couldn't find it, or as you said, you can create your own module to select a country and then force the currency.

ps: the documentation for the geolocation plugin (I think you already read this)
www.hikashop.com/en/support/documentatio...hop-geolocation.html

10 years 9 months ago #113221

In regards to your two questions:
1. I'm not what you mean by, "Did you overwritten your emails code through Hikashop->System->Emails?" How would I do that. When I went into Hikashop->System->Emails, I did not make any changes to the first two tabs: "Main information" or "Attachments." In the last tab, "Sender Information," I added my email address in the top portion (note I changed them here to prevent spam emails), but left the code in the "HTML version" section/window below alone.

2. The geolocation plugin is enabled with the follow settings. Should I disable it?

Brad

www.m2820.com
Last edit: 10 years 9 months ago by simo90.

• Thank you received: 13082
10 years 9 months ago #113349

Hi,

1. The email error indicates that the admin notification of user registration cannot be sent because the destination email address is missing.
The system uses automatically the "from email" address for that and I can see that you filled it so I don't see why it says that.
In any case, you can simply disable the admin notification for user registration via the options screen of the joomla user manager to deactivate that email and thus that error. Your users will still receive their user account creation notification.

2. We've got someone else reporting that issue but we weren't able to reproduce it.
The easiest is to add the line:
return 2;
just after:
function hikashop_getCurrency(){
in administrator/components/com_hikashop/helpers/helper.php to force the currency to USD.

3. That's probably because you restricted your paypal payment method to the USD currency only. Fixing point 2 will probably fix this.

The following user(s) said Thank You: simo90

10 years 9 months ago #113484

That seemed to fix the problems. Thanks!

Brad

www.m2820.com

Time to create page: 0.070 seconds