Show the clothing size

• Thank you received: 1
10 years 9 months ago #114085

Hello, I have lingerie products and are available in various sizes. I wanted to know how you can display a dropdown to choose the size when viewing a product and make an order.

When I imported the products, got the sizes in the Options field. Although this does not work, because it shows, and I know exactly what I should put the size field to import correctly.

Which of these fields I enter the sizes, when I import the products, so they appear in the product description?

product_parent_id | product_name | product_description | product_quantity | product_code | product_published | product_hit | product_created |
product_sale_start | product_sale_end | product_delay_id | product_tax_id | product_type | product_vendor_id | product_manufacturer_id | product_url |
product_weight | product_keywords | product_weight_unit | product_modified | product_meta_description | product_dimension_unit | product_width |
product_length | product_height | product_max_per_order | product_access | product_group_after_purchase | product_min_per_order | product_contact |
product_last_seen_date | product_sales | product_waitlist | product_layout | product_average_score | product_total_vote | product_page_title | product_alias |
product_price_percentage | product_msrp | product_canonical | price_value | price_value_with_tax | price_currency_id | price_min_quantity | price_access |
files | images | parent_category | categories_namekey | categories_image | categories_ordering | categories | related | options.

Thanks.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 1778
10 years 9 months ago #114093

Hi,

The best way will probably be to do it manually, so you'll just have to :
- Go to "Hikashop->Products->Characteristics"
- Create a Size characteristic with values like XL,L,M... for example.
- Go to your product's configuration page and add this characteristic through the "characteristic" tab.

10 years 9 months ago #114111

Thanks, but I have about 2,500 products that change, and I can not do it manually ... Is there no way to make it through the CSV file?

• Thank you received: 403
10 years 9 months ago #114128

Hi there,

I don't if it's possible with the CSV, I guess yes but you have to create a product with the characteristics, export it and see the fields you have to add.
If you don't need to handle stocks, you can simply create a custom field with your size and display it in your product page (it will be recorder in your order).
IF you need the quantity, characteristics is the best solution.

• Thank you received: 3
  • Hikashop Business
10 years 9 months ago #114129

hi,

we have also many products and its a lot of work, but.. when the price is the same, you can make "custom fields" for "Size" and "Color"
You activate the custom fields per "category" or "subcategory"

regards,

Marius

The following user(s) said Thank You: Mohamed Thelji

10 years 9 months ago #114353

Hello, I've noticed that in the CSV file gives me the dealer, there are several products of each type, each one corresponding to a size. For example, in the shoes, if I have a shoe called "LEG AVENUE GLAMOUR PEEP TOE PUMP NEGRO SATINADO CON STRASS" because instead of having only one row for that product in the CSV file, I have several rows at least 4, in which a is the size 36 , another 37, another 38, and another 39.

For example, in my store, you will see that there are several identical shoes, but of course, each of them is different and that one size does not appear in the store: www.tengoqueprobarlo.com/lenceria/zapatos

Therefore, it strikes me that the CSV File field indicating the size for that particular product, you could import in HikaShop as a subtitle or similar to the product name. So, also, in the list of products in the store, next to the product name appears indicating subtitle size.

If you can do this, I will use a formula in Excel concatenation to add the title of the product size in parentheses. It's not very complicated to do ... but rather that it could add a subtitle and so then you can set a filter to see only the products of a particular size (depending on its subtitle).

I hope I explained well. Thank you.

Last edit: 10 years 9 months ago by Ronon.

10 years 9 months ago #114391

Hello, I finally found a way to process the products sizes automatically from the CSV file. Maybe not the best way, but it helps me.

What I have done is to use Excel to create a column in which the text is concatenated product name, with size, so that in brackets right after the product name.

The formula is this:

=CONCATENAR(C2;" (TALLA ";G2;")")

With the shoes, for example, see in the attached image, which appears "(SIZE 39)" for example, just after the product title. There is a duplicate product for each size, so it's a way to tell the user what size is that product.

Also, I added a filter so that the user can enter the size you want, and display the products that match that size. I wanted to do with a drop down box, but as I have not found a way to do it, for I have set for users to enter the size directly in the text box.

It seems to work well, as long as you write the word "Talla" (size) in front, because if not, you are looking for anything else, of course.

I send two images of how it is configured this filter, and another on how to appear on the web.

At the moment I like the result, except that you even think of a better way to do it!!

Thanks, greetings. ;)

Attachments:

Time to create page: 0.098 seconds