Download and installation

• Thank you received: 0
10 years 9 months ago #114265

Hello! Im trying to download the Hika starter pack for my joomla! website so I used this link:
www.hikashop.com/en/download.html

but when I press download (tried both the big button and the small one below the starter package) It downloads a file. But when I press it it wants to install some installer on demand package and the program is some kind of cd burner and then there is no Hika shop zip folder or anything. Is this supposed to happen? do I need the burner thingy? is there a link for only downloading the starter .zip file? Ty for any answers could not find any in the install documentation.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 403
10 years 9 months ago #114266

Hi there,

I guess it either your browser which is not proposing you to download it or your programs which are not corresponding to your needs.
I would suggest to try with another browser. Then just choose the "download option". Your current browser is probably set to automatically open zip files.

10 years 9 months ago #114268

Well I tried with the 3 that I have (chrome, firefox and explorer) and I only got the stupid expressburner every time and no hikashop :( are I supposed to get expressburner?

• Thank you received: 4004
10 years 9 months ago #114274

Hi,

Sure not!

We provide a "zip" and "tar.gz" files for HikaShop. There is no "installer" that you can run into your computer. It is a Joomla package.
Please check that you right downloaded "hikashop_starter" and not an executable one.
If you can't open a zip file in your computer, it is not a problem. You have to upload/install the zip file thought Joomla.

Regards,

Jerome - Obsidev.com
HikaMarket & HikaSerial developer / HikaShop core dev team.

Also helping the HikaShop support team when having some time or couldn't sleep.
By the way, do not send me private message, use the "contact us" form instead.

10 years 9 months ago #114279

I had to download it on a seperate computer to get the zip file. but finally have it. But still dosnt work on this computer. think something else might be wrong here. your download link atleast works.

Last edit: 10 years 9 months ago by soncis.

• Thank you received: 4004
10 years 9 months ago #114303

Hi,

Maybe your computer try to open the file and want to open it with this software.
I don't really know but we don't have any link with the other software and we provide standard zip files.

Regards,

Jerome - Obsidev.com
HikaMarket & HikaSerial developer / HikaShop core dev team.

Also helping the HikaShop support team when having some time or couldn't sleep.
By the way, do not send me private message, use the "contact us" form instead.

Time to create page: 0.072 seconds