Cart and Language issue

• Thank you received: 0
10 years 9 months ago #114398

Hello HikaShop just upgraded to the Essential HikaShop. Once I uploaded the package I started see some wierd issues with my site.
First it looks like all the wording that is on the HikaShop pages are all caps and look like this: PER_UNITPRICE_END
Second the cart is no longer working. I get a 500 error when I go to that page.

I would like to set it up so that the costumer doesn't have to create a user and can go straight to paypal. I don't know if I created these issues when I changed those settings.

Thanks for your help

The site is at shopredlodge.com/
and one of the shopping pages is at shopredlodge.com/index.php/beartooth-pass-shirt

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 4004
10 years 9 months ago #114406

Hi,

Please check your language file.
The file is maybe missing, not accessible or could contains wrong data (so Joomla can't parse it correctly).

About the 500 error, Joomla says that the layout is missing.
Problem is, we don't have more information. If you activate the Joomla debug mode, it will be possible to have more details.
I think that you have modified your checkout workflow with a "step" which does not exists.

Regards,

Jerome - Obsidev.com
HikaMarket & HikaSerial developer / HikaShop core dev team.

Also helping the HikaShop support team when having some time or couldn't sleep.
By the way, do not send me private message, use the "contact us" form instead.

10 years 9 months ago #114435

Thanks for your fast reply and suggestions. I'll work on the cart issue, I'm fairly sure that I know what I did to make the issue and should be able to fix it. But as for the language file, could I get a little more info. What am I looking for? Where should it be? and once I find it what should I do? Also noticed that Hikashop spotted a language file error and had me save some code that started like this and goes on for along time:
;price
PRICE_BEGINNING=""
PRICE_BEFORE_ORIG=" ("
PRICE_AFTER_ORIG=") "
PRICE_DISCOUNT_START=""
PRICE_DISCOUNT_END=""
PRICE_BEFORE_TAX=" ("
PRICE_AFTER_TAX=" excl VAT) "
PRICE_END=""
FREE_PRICE="Free"
PRICE_SEPARATOR="<br/>"
PER_UNIT_AT_LEAST_X_BOUGHT=" per unit for buying at least %s"
PER_UNIT=" each"

Sorry that this is simple stuff. Not a great coder and I'm a little freaked out by it. Thanks

• Thank you received: 1778
10 years 9 months ago #114453

Hi,

Regarding your language file I think that you should probably turn on the language debug option of the joomla configuration and display your website. At the bottom of the page, you will have a red area telling you which lines of the translation files are not correct.
Then, you just need to fix them and it will work.

10 years 9 months ago #114526

Thanks for the hint. Did turn on the debug and it looks like I have a error: JROOT/language/en-GB/en-GB.com_hikashop.ini : error(s) in line(s) 1029
Line reads
"CREDITCARD_WARNING="For security reasons, we strongly recommend you to delete the partial credit card information stored for this order once you'veCUSTOMER_PAID_WITH_CREDIT_CARD="The retrieved it for processing. Also, remember to delete the email with the rest of the information once used."

This only shows on the home page. No errors on the product pages.

But it looks like a fair amount of language files didn't load.
**Not loaded** : JROOT/language/en-GB/en-GB.tpl_shopredlodge.ini
**Not loaded** : JROOT/language/en-GB/en-GB.mod_djimageslider.ini
**Not loaded** : JROOT/language/en-GB/en-GB.com_hikashop.ini

Should I reload the en-GB.com_hikashop.ini file? Thanks again for time and pointing me in the right direction.

10 years 9 months ago #114576

Thanks for your help and suggestions with this issue. Looks like I got it fixed.

Thanks again

Time to create page: 0.075 seconds