Outstanding! My first HikaShop!

• Thank you received: 1
10 years 9 months ago #115267

I downloaded HikaShop yesterday after exploring a few of the other Joomla eCommerce components and trying them out over the last few weeks, and HikaShop gets my vote by a long way. I'll be buying a paid-for version as soon as I've managed to get a friend to order a few things and use PayPal, to prove all of that is working okay. I've set up a few test products at:

www.theteacher.info (all suggestions welcome).

I also need to try out adding a few digital products and free ones in the next few days, to see how that works.

I like HikaShop rather than other eCommerce sites mainly because of the great, easy-to-use documentation and the excellent front and back access to an actual example, which I used to solve most of my problems. The forum is excellent, too.

If I had some suggestions, I would say:

a) keep working on high-quality documentation (and how-to videos), as that is what I always look for.
b) add a second working example of a shop, front and back access, that shows off different ways of working with HikaShop, showing off what it can do.
c) revisit the documentation on making a simple categories menu in a module, as that had me going around in circles for a few hours yesterday. :huh:

Many thanks and I look forward to setting up more shops with HikaShop.

:) :) :) :) :)

Last edit: 10 years 9 months ago by undermanager.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Eliot

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 403
10 years 9 months ago #115291

Hi there,

First of all, thanks for your feedback, it's always pleasant to have positive returns on our work ;).
About your suggestions, here is what I can say:
a - We are working on a new Hikashop website and we spend a LOT of time to improve the documentation (new screenshots, better organizations, tutorials included in each features' documentation...) so I hope you'll appreciate this when it comes out ;)
b - It's an interesting idea, we already tried to implement as much features and display as possible but it could be great for customers to have a completely different website. However the current one is already presenting quite a lot of features so it won't be a priority
c - Same answer as a, the new documentation will be organized in different categories like "tutorials", "shipping methods", 'begin with Hikashop" and will propose a dynamic search on the page to easily find what you are looking for. Modules and menus aren't easy to understand, we'll try to focus on this.

I hope you will enjoy this site. If you any question, do not hesitate ;)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.074 seconds