Edit Profile (extra step when in non-sef joomla)

• Thank you received: 1
11 years 1 month ago #93346

First Issue:

Edit Hika Profile (extra step when in non-sef joomla)

I go to my Hikashop Customer Account / Control panel and click on "Edit your account information"....

When I have Joomla SEF disabled the url to this page is:

index.php?option=com_users&view=profile&layout=edit&Itemid=165

and the page shows in text format with an "Edit Profile" link at the bottom.

When I have Joomla SEF enabled the url to this page is:

index.php/component/users/profile?layout=edit

and the page shows in form format and allows me to "Submit or Cancel" at the bottom of the page.

For some reason when the itemid is in the url it adds an extre step to editing your profile, because if you take the first scenario with SEF disabled, and delete the itemid from the end of the url it goes to the form page right away.

Second issue:

How do i simplify this form? Even though I have "Email Confirm" disabled, it still shows the "Confirm email" box. And how do I disable the "basic settings" section, as it's something I don't need?

Third issue:

I'm using Hikashop as a catalogue only, with the option for users to create Wishlists. I don't need carts, or addresses, or order history. Just the wishlist function and their user info. So I disabled the multicart option and now it does not show in the User Account control panel. How do I eliminate the "Addresses" button and "Orders" button since I have no need for them.

Fourth issue:

How do I disable the "Add to Cart" column in the Wishlist view?

Last edit: 11 years 1 month ago by goloon.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 13069
11 years 1 month ago #93520

1. There is a menu option in the user account plugin which allows you to determine the itemid that you want for the link. Ideally, it should the id of a joomla user profile menu item.
Joomla displays a 404 because the SEF system doesn't find that the itemid of the url correspond to the com_user component of Joomla even though it's displaying a com_user view.

2. As you must have understood from point 1, that view is not in HikaShop but in Joomla. So the email confirm option of HikaShop doesn't apply here. That option is used only for the checkout page of HikaShop (which is why it is in the checkout tab of the configuration...). I don't think that you can remove it although I'm not an expert in Joomla views modifications.
What you can do to simplify that view is to deactivate the display of the language/editor settings with the corresponding option of the joomla user manager.

3. There is no option to deactivate them. However, you can easily hide them in the user control panel with such code in the file "cpanel" via the menu Display->Views:
if($oneButton=='user' || $oneButton=='order') continue;
after the line:
foreach($this->buttons as $oneButton){

4. There is no option to deactivate them. However, you can easily hide them with such CSS:
.hikashop_cart_action_title, .hikashop_show_cart_add, .hika_show_cart_total input.hikashop_cart_input_button{ display:none;}

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.058 seconds