Cart is emptied when I proceed to checkout

• Thank you received: 1
11 years 4 weeks ago #96407

Please Help....when an item is added to the shopping cart, then proceed to checkout, the item is deleted from the cart and the page is redirected to our catalog page and states cart is empty. The cart does not do it all the time, but pretty much most of the time. My store receives calls daily on this problem from customers who are upset, and we can't figure out why the cart is doing this. My web guy states cache is off, so not sure what to do next. Please help.

Thank you for your time.
Gina

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 2322
11 years 4 weeks ago #96455

Hi,

Which version of HikaShop do you have ? Thanks to use the latest (2.1.1).
Have you edited any views related on the cart ?

11 years 4 weeks ago #96569

Hi Xavier,
My programmer said he has not edited any views in cart, and I have Hikashop 2.0. My issue with updating the cart is I paid a web designer previously and I paid to purchase the business version of the cart, which I currently have. When my original web designer was finished with the site (he gave up on cart he couldn't figure it out), he sent me the zip files to the cart so that I could find another company to work on the cart to complete my new site. I was told the Hikashop business shopping cart license info to do future updates on the cart was in the zip files he sent to me. However, I have been unable to obtain the license information from the zip files. Can you please tell me where I can find the lisence info in the zip files of the cart so that I can update. I don't want to have to pay for another version of the business cart since I have already paid for it. If I do any updates right now, the cart reverts back to a free version. It's frustrating.

As far as the cart issue I am having, my current programmer told me this morning that when the friendly URL's are turned on, we have a cart issue. This cart seems to only have issues in Internet explorer with friendly URL's turned on. When you add an item to the cart, then proceed to checkout, the item is deleted from the cart and then redirected to the catalog page. It states cart is empty. As mentioned I was told by my programmer that this only happens when friendly url's are turned on for internet explorer only. Is there a way of fixing the problem? Also, how do I find my license to update my business version of the cart. I hope I have explained myself better this time :) .

Thank you so much for your time.
Gina

11 years 4 weeks ago #96637

Hi,

You need to update, this bug has been corrected.
If you go in Joomla control panel, you can check for extensions updates. Just update HikaShop from here, it will re-use the license info.

11 years 3 weeks ago #96725

Hi Xavier,
The last time my programmer did the update, all the modifications that were done to the cart were changed back to default and it converted the cart back to free version. My programmer had to fix and he doesn't know why it keeps doing this. He said I probably need my lisence info which he cannot find in the zip files that were given to me by previous programmer who I purchased cart with. Please, please help me with this. I purchased this cart(which cost me $200. US dollars) from my old programmer "David Malton" who is registered with you guys (he couldn't figure your cart out, Nicholas tried to help, but David gave up and gave me the cart zip files and I had to find another programmer). I don't know if old programmer david malton registered the cart that I paid for in his name, and maybe that's why I have update problems.

Also, everytime my current programmer fixes one problem with the cart, something else breaks in the cart. He can't seem to fix something without something else not working. I'm getting so frustrated as this cart issue has cost me more money than my business is making :(. Can someone/anyone please help me. I'm so tired of spending money on the cart each time something breaks. I have had this cart less than a year, and have had programmers working on it since then, with no end to fixes in site. Nothing but problems with cart breaking. My programmer is afraid to touch anything on the cart anymore cause something breaks each time he does work on it. I was told I can't even change the template without all my products being deleted if i try to change templates. So, I don't know if it's the programmers I am using, as I have gone through two of them now. Maybe they're just not knowledgeable enough to work with the hikashop cart, I don't know. This cart is putting me out of business, so please, please....... Is there anyone here on the forums who could fix this cart that keeps breaking. I just want to be done with the problems and start making money. My site is spectaculartoys.net.

Thank you for anyone on here who can help.

• Thank you received: 13069
11 years 3 weeks ago #97233

Hi,

If the modifications are done as overrides and that the update is done normally, you shouldn't loose anything. We have lot of users updating with overrides and no one is loosing anything when they update.
I don't see why changing the template would delete products in your shop either. That is simply not possible.

I believe that you already got the update files.

11 years 3 weeks ago #97433

Hi Nicolas,
Thank you for the reply. I was finally able to update cart to current version, my old programmer has given me my login info. I believe my current programmer made cart modifications then saved in the wrong area so that when we updated the cart all my mods were converted back to default once again....uugghh. As I'm not sure about changing the template issue, I'm not a programmer. My current programmer told me that if I change the template and try to load in the cart with all my products it will break and I may lose everything. I obviously need to look for a programmer that is familiar with this cart so that I don't have these issues.

One question: upon my update to the latest version of the business cart(2.1.10, when an item is added to cart the pop up box says added to wishlist. I have all the wishlist areas turned off, so I'm not using the wishlist. Why does the pop up box state that. It doesn't do it all the time, usually just on the first item that is added to cart, then after that the pop up seems to say item successfully added to cart is what I need it to say everytime an item is added. Is there a solution to this?

Again, thank you for your time.

11 years 3 weeks ago #97495

Hi,

Nicolas answered to the last question on another topic.
A correction has been made, and will be available in the next release.

11 years 3 weeks ago #97558

Hi Xavier,
Thank you. I'll wait for the next release and hopefully it will fix the wishlist issue.

Again, thank you for the quick response back to me.

11 years 3 weeks ago #97645

Hi,

You can find the solution here, to make the modification now.
www.hikashop.com/fr/forum/3-bug-report/7...500-error.html#96534

Time to create page: 0.077 seconds