Paypal and Visa

• Thank you received: 5
10 years 10 months ago #110664

I use paypal for payments. I don't use a creditcard myself and don't know how to handle payments with creditcards. In my previous Virtuemart shop I had this matter solved. Clients could use their creditcard and I received my payment via paypal. This was handled with a plugin.

Now with hikashop I thought I had organised it the same way. I have the Hikashop Paypal payment plugin activated and I have the Hikashop creditcard payment plugin activted. In the paypal plugin I have activated several creditcards: Visa, Mastercard, Bpop.

Now I have a client in Paraguay. Paypal does not offer services in that country so my client needs to use a creditcard (Visa). I get an email that he cannot pay with his creditcard. He is on a deadline and needs the product today.

What do I need to do to accept creditcard payments via Paypal?

Sjaak

Last edit: 10 years 10 months ago by Sjaak.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 2322
10 years 10 months ago #110724

Hi,

If Paypal restrict payments in Paraguay we can't do anything for that.
What you can do is use "Bank transfer" plugin or "credit cart" payment plugin.
The last one allow you to get the credit cart numbers and then proceed to a payment in your bank.

Hope this will help you.

10 years 10 months ago #110727

Mmh, Then why did it work with Virtuemart?
That is why I had this working. Clients in countries without paypal could use their creditcard and payment was OK. The creditcard company handled it with Paypal.
I do not want to handle payments manually. I need the ease of automatic payment since we talk about a few euro per sale. Treating those manually would take too much time, thus $$.

Please get this on the wishlist?
I now have to disappoint a client since I do not have another payment method.
Is there another option?

Sjaak

10 years 10 months ago #110730

Just a thought....

Build in the possibility to fill out the Bankaccountnumber in the creditcard plugin to automate the payment process.
Is that possible?

Sjaak

• Thank you received: 2322
10 years 10 months ago #110750

Hi,

I don't think that it was working with VirtueMart, here is the list of the Paypal accepted countries:
www.paypal.com/us/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_di...up-countries-outside

Build in the possibility to fill out the Bankaccountnumber in the creditcard plugin to automate the payment process.
Is that possible?

That's not possible, it require a bank api to do that. That's why we have a lot of payment methods developed.
You have to configure a payment method accordingly to your country, and your bank.

10 years 10 months ago #110753

OK, I see.

There's a plugin called 'Hikashop bank transfer payment plugin'. What does it do?

Is it that clients get instructions to what bankaccount they can transfer? and that's it?
There's no automated process behind it, I guess?
How to handle with this plugin?

Sjaak

Last edit: 10 years 10 months ago by Sjaak.

• Thank you received: 0
10 years 10 months ago #110755

I have run into a similar issue and what I did was to setup a www.authorize.net/ account and enable the authorize module. It allows you to accept credit/debit cards directly without going through paypal. Of course you will need to link your authorize account to a bank account. I always suggest setting up a separate bank account just for store transactions. And never directly to your business day to day account.

Regards,
Michael

• Thank you received: 13069
10 years 10 months ago #110762

Hi,

As mperdue says, authorize.net allows you to process credit cards directly on your website with HikaShop. There are actually quite a few other solutions to do that with HikaShop: PayPal pro, authorize.net in AIM, CardSave is hosted mode, FirstData, Intuit innovative gateway, iPayDNA, MIGS VPC, okpay, payjunction, paymentech, payment express and virtualmerchant. And potentially others provided by third party developers.

10 years 10 months ago #110777

Okay, Thank for your input. Since I expect this to be something that happens only occasional I decided to keep this simple. Looking at the fees charged by payment service providers I think that my profit on the exceptions will never cover the fees they charge.
I simply offer the possibility to pay by bank transfer whenever necessary.
One thing I need to solve now:
How can I add international bank transfer fees to a sale, when this happens. Can it be done with a shipping method? How would I organise that?

Sjaak

• Thank you received: 13069
10 years 10 months ago #110783

In the payment method, simply enter the fee in the "price" field.

10 years 10 months ago #110793

Thank you.

Done. Works.

Sjaak

Time to create page: 0.093 seconds