error "the cart is empty" when adding to wishlist

• Thank you received: 0
8 years 4 months ago #223248

-- url of the page with the problem -- : capsulz.ru/index.php/woman/product/1854-...category_pathway-105
-- HikaShop version -- : 2.6.0
-- Joomla version -- : 3.4.4
-- PHP version -- : 5.0.0
-- Browser(s) name and version -- : Chrome
-- Error-message(debug-mod must be tuned on) -- : cart is empty

Hello,

I'm having a problem with the usage of the wishlist option.
When my cart is empty, and I try to add something to the wishlist, it just displays an error message "the cart is empty"
So then I tried with a non empty cart and this time if I try to add a product to the wishlist, it just sends me back to my cart page without adding the wishlisted product anywhere.

My final goal is to mark the wihlisted products in a certain way inthe product listing and the product page - for example with a little heart icon - indicating that this product has been previously added to the wishlist. Is there a way to read the "wishlisted status" of a product in order to apply a "bookmarked icon" to it??

Many Thanks
Raphael

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 2322
8 years 4 months ago #223293

Hi,

Do you have enabled the "multi cart" option in Configuration > Features > Wishlist ?
When adding to wishlist, you must be logged in on the website, once logged in, a message is displayed informing that the product has been correctly added to the wishlist.

To mark the wishlisted products in a listing, you can edit the view "product / listing_img_title" (or another one based on your settings) and in that view add PHP code to get the content of the cart and then display an icon or not based on the product id and its presence in the wishlist. This require PHP knowledges.

• Thank you received: 0
8 years 4 months ago #223312

Salut Xavier,

Yes, i'm logged in when testing (you can try too to see what happens - use test/test as login/pass). And multi cart is also enabled.

If you could give me a little bit more details about how to retrieve a wishlist and a product I'd, I think I could manage. Also, if I want to do the same in the products category listing, which php file should I edit then?

Many thanks
Raphael

• Thank you received: 2322
8 years 4 months ago #223339

Hi,

The wishlist is correctly updated when adding a product, you can see that thanks to this url:
capsulz.ru/index.php/profile/cart/showcarts/cart_type-wishlist

But the system should not redirect to the checkout when adding a product to the wishlist.
Could you try to download the latest version of HikaShop from our website and install it over the current one ?
There was a fix made which could potentially solve your issue.

If that's not the case and you don't have overrides on cart / wishlist views so a backend and ftp access would be welcome to debug this issue directly on your end. You can send these informations via our contact form (with a link to this topic):
hikashop.com/support/contact-us.html

Time to create page: 0.078 seconds