Help finding right documentation on how to handle carts and wishlists

• Thank you received: 16
  • Hikashop Business
7 years 4 months ago #255854

-- HikaShop version -- : 2.6.4
-- Joomla version -- : 3.6.4

I am messing with several inconsistence problems while experimenting with several carts, wishlists, users and so on.

Before proceeding to filling annoying forum requests to fix things that might not work wrong, please,

would you advice me on where to find the right documentation on how to setup carts, cart modules, the eternal cache problems I found in many posts, etc ?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 13037
7 years 4 months ago #255856

Hi,

Well, I don't know of any central documentation where you would find all that.
One thing is sure is that the first thing to do is to turn off all the caching of the website (the Joomla configuration cache, the system cache plugin, 3rd party caching extensions etc) and see if that helps.
Another thing to test is to switch to the default template of Joomla and see if that helps.
Most of the problems regarding to the cart/wishlist are linked to either one of these.
Besides that, we would need precise information on the problems you have to reproduce, analyze them, etc to be able to say more on the subject.

• Thank you received: 16
  • Hikashop Business
7 years 4 months ago #255887

Thanks Nicolas,

then, when you say this

////
One thing is sure is that the first thing to do is to turn off all the caching of the website (the Joomla configuration cache, the system cache plugin, 3rd party caching extensions etc) and see if that helps.
////

you mean this is 'forever', that I can not use caching in any part of a site containing HikaShop with cart mode (not catalog mode)?

Or do you know of satisfactory cases in which JOTCache or any specialized cache system can selectively cache part of the site?

I think that a content rich site having several thousand products without a cache system can be deadly slow. Don't you?

• Thank you received: 13037
7 years 4 months ago #255893

Hi,

Not necessarily.
For example, HikaShop should work fine with the normal caching system of Joomla as we added some code to HikaShop in order to clear the Joomla cache when the cart is modified or when you change the current currency.
But some third party cache extensions might not play nice with HikaShop based on how you configure HikaShop and the cache system.
So if you have some refresh issues with the cart system, the first thing to try is to turn off the caching system(s) you have and see if that helps in order the understand if the problem comes from that or something else. Then, you can see if you can configure it to avoid conflicts or use another one which works better or configure HikaShop differently to avoid the problem.

Having thousands of products or only a handful of products shouldn't change much with or without cache. It starts to get useful when you have have several tens of thousands of products.

Time to create page: 0.065 seconds