Add a product_condition

• Thank you received: 3
  • Hikashop Business
5 years 5 months ago #299663

-- HikaShop version -- : 4.0.0
-- Joomla version -- : 3.8.13
-- PHP version -- : 7.0.32

We have a customer (online and physical retail) who sells restaurant equipment he obtains from manufacturers, foreclosures, auctions and other retailers. Because of this, he sells floor display units or slightly damaged equipment, which has never been used. He markets them under the term "Scratch & Dent" -- not "Refurbished" because they are sold as is, no repairs.

I would like to use the recently added "product_condition" field to identify each type, but your current optional values are NewCondition, UsedCondition, RefurbishedCondition, and None. He doesn't actually refurbish any product, so the term would be misleading. But I would like to see an "AsIsCondition" option added to the "product_conditions" options.

I'd also like to see a filter option for that product field. I am currently using a custom field to do all of this.

Last edit: 5 years 5 months ago by icomex. Reason: Edited to elaborate.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 13062
5 years 5 months ago #299671

Hi,

This field is only used for the google products plugin, in order to provide to google all the information on your products.
So we need to follow the allowed values, other the feed sent to google by the google products plugin would be refused as invalid.
AslsCondition is not one of the possible values, so we can't add that value to that field :
support.google.com/merchants/answer/7052112?hl=en
I would recommend to use the "UsedCondition" in your case.
Note that if your goal is to show such information on the product page on your website, then you don't want to use that setting. Instead, you want to create a custom field of the table "product" via the menu Display>Custom fields.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.487 seconds