Still no wishlist for guest users?

• Thank you received: 11
  • Hikashop Business
3 years 4 months ago #326560

Hi. My client asked if it's possible to have guests create wishlists and share them, so I was browsing the forum for an answer and I found a post that said it isn't possible, which was years ago.

Is this still the case? Could it be done, perhaps, if I made adjustments?

Thank you in advance.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 13069
3 years 4 months ago #326561

Hi,

That's halfway the case.
We indeed did not adapt the wishlist system to allow for guest wishlists.
However, after talking with people interested with that idea, it appear that they are a simpler need of just allowing guest users to like the products and have a list of their liked products. And not something more complex with sharing, and multiple instances.
So we developed a plugin to do that:
www.hikashop.com/marketplace/product/155-product-like-btn.html
With it, you can have a list of liked products and easily add / remove the products from it, display it, and it works with guest users too.
There is however no sharing feature with it. That could be something that could be quite easily added to the plugin with some small adjustments compared to allowing guest mode for wishlists.

• Hikashop Business
3 years 4 months ago #326711

Hello,

So, if I got that plugin, would you guys be able to make the guest sharing option available for my client?

• Thank you received: 13069
3 years 4 months ago #326715

Hi,

With some extra development yes. Note however that it's the high season for us so our schedule is full until January.
But such modification of the plugin could be development by any skilled PHP developer.
So maybe you want to check with our partners if some of them could work on that for you if that's something you need in the short term:
www.hikashop.com/home/our-partners.html

• Hikashop Business
3 years 4 months ago #327134

Hi again,

my client has agreed to wait for a bit until you can help us with the plugin configuration. So I'll probably bother you again in January.

Thanks!

Time to create page: 0.064 seconds