hikashop - product inquiries added to wishlist

• Thank you received: 3
3 years 2 months ago #328692

-- url of the page with the problem -- : www.abierto.uy/
-- HikaShop version -- : 4.4.0
-- Joomla version -- : 3.9.24
-- PHP version -- : 7.3

Hello

I have two queries about the products that were added to the wish list by a user.

1 - a product can be added to the wish list infinitely many times and the number of units of that product in the wish list increases. Is there a way that this doesn't happen? For our market, the wish list is that, a list of products that we want to remember, to see again, but the number of units does not matter, in fact in the wish list view, the quantity field has been hidden by css

2 - related to the above, in the hikashop product listings, the way to mark a product as a favorite is to click on the heart icon, in most ecommerce that I have seen, with one click the heart changes color, indicating that it was added to the wish list, the next click returns to the original color and the product leaves the wish list, but in hikashop this does not work like this, is there any way to improve this functionality?

3 - in the user panel, in the toolbar there is a button to access the wish list and a button to access the shopping cart, the problem I find is that both buttons link to the wish list, even when the shopping cart contains products, how can I make each button lead to the corresponding page?

Many thanks, greetings!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 13037
3 years 2 months ago #328710

Hi,

It looks like what you want is not to use the wishlist system but a "like" mechanism.
What you describe is precisely what this plugin does:
www.hikashop.com/marketplace/product/155-product-like-btn.html

3 years 1 month ago #328808

Hi, thanks for your response

I understand, I did not know about this add-on, it is interesting. The question is then, how useful is the wish list?

On the other hand, the query of question 3 remains pending response - in the user panel, in the toolbar there is a button to access the wish list and a button to access the shopping cart, the problem I find is that both buttons link to the wish list, even when the shopping cart contains products, how can I make each button lead to the corresponding page?

Many thanks, greetings!

3 years 1 month ago #328813

Hi,

The wishlist is made to create things like wedding wishlists or baby wishlists:
You put what you want to get in your wishlist, and you share your wishlist to others so that they can purchase the stuff listed there.
The stuff purchased by others from your wishlist will be counted so that users coming later will see the items already purchased, etc.

Regarding your issue with the toolbar I don't see how that's possible. I tried to check on the issue, but efter registering, I never got the activation email for my user account and thus I couldn't try to access your control panel.
Could you provide a test user account with a link to the control panel so that we could check on the situation ?

The following user(s) said Thank You: zetap

3 years 1 month ago #328823

Hello, thanks for your answers

Ahh perfect, now it is clear to me how the wish list works.

Regarding the buttons of the user panel, I have tried it again before answering you and with another user and now if it worked for me, the buttons link correctly with the corresponding list, perhaps it was a user problem.

Many thanks, greetings!

The following user(s) said Thank You: Philip

3 years 1 month ago #329330

Hi there

As you suggested, buy the plugin from www.hikashop.com/marketplace/product/155-product-like-btn.html today
The likes work in the products and listings, but I am having trouble creating a menu or module to show the list of products that the user gave like, when adding a new menu or a new module, in none of the listings there is a referenced to this extension.

Can you help me with this issue?

Thank you very much, greetings!

3 years 1 month ago #329349

Hi,

You'll find the "only liked products" setting at the bottom right side of the screen, under the "products options" tab of your products listing menu item, or at the same place under the "HikaShop options" tab of your products listing HikaShop content module:
monosnap.com/file/Bgpsdpp9vuj2iVA4QpiFRmvX9ORCfg

Last edit: 3 years 1 month ago by nicolas.
The following user(s) said Thank You: zetap

3 years 1 month ago #329474

Perfect, thank you very much, greetings!

Time to create page: 0.070 seconds