Wishlist Timeline?

• Thank you received: 10
1 year 9 months ago #342957

-- HikaShop version -- : 4.6.0
-- Joomla version -- : 3.9.10

I want to implement wishlist for out of stock items.

Is this workflow correct?

1. Product A reduced to 0 because the last customer bought the last one.
2. Because Product A quantity is 0, the next customer sees 'Out of stock' message and the option to use the wishlist.
3. I, as the admin, get an email that tells me Jane Doe is on the wishlist for Product A.
4. Then, when I replenish Product A and set it back to 1,000 ... Jane Doe should get an email saying it can be ordered.

I have set up the Wishlist in Configuration
I did go to CRON and created a task to run it set to 15 minutes

Here's my question
1. Why didn't I get an email that Jane Doe was on a wishlist
2. Did Jane Doe get an email saying she was on a wishlist

----
I then went back in and changed the quantity to 10 to see what happens once it's no longer 0

In the workflow, when will Jane Doe get an email saying the items are back in stock?

Thanks
Pam

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 13062
1 year 9 months ago #342963

Hi,

I suppose you're talking about the "waitlist", not the "wishlist".
The "waitlist" is the name of the mechanism for users to be notified when out of stock products are restocked.

Note that by default the notification email to the administrator when someone subscribe to a waitlist is deactivated. If you want to use that capability, you need to activate the "Wait list administrator notification" email in the menu System>Emails of HikaShop.

Also, you need to make sure that the cron task is working. You can follow this tutorial to make sure the cron is properly configured:
www.hikashop.com/support/documentation/5...cron-task.html#check

Also, the system won't immediately notify the user that the product has stock again. It will take a while based on the settings of your cron and the settings of the HikaShop waitlist plugin.

Finally, note that you can check users are properly subscribed to the waitlist via the menu Customer>Waitlist. And you can check the email sent to the administrator and the email sent to the user in the menu Customers>Emails history, once they are sent.

1 year 9 months ago #342987

That was one of the most succinct and thorough replies I have ever received. I believe I can follow these instructions very well. I'm so grateful.

1 year 9 months ago #342988

I have two follow-up questions:

1. When the user clicks the button to be notified of product available to purchase, they input their name and email and then click OK. But they stay on that page. Is there a way for me to tell the system that once OK is clicked, to take that user back to the product listing or at least the product they were on?

2. Cron is set up to do 15 minutes at a minimum. That means when I'm testing it, I have to wait 15 minutes to see if it works. Can I reduce that 15 to like 5 minutes?

• Thank you received: 13062
1 year 9 months ago #342989

Hi,

Thanks.

1. You can edit the file product / waitlist via the menu Display>Views.
There, you can add the line:

<input type="hidden" name="redirect_url" value="<?php echo @$this->product_url; ?>" />
after the line:
<input type="hidden" name="ctrl" value="product" />

2. The cron task we provide cannot go lower than 15 minutes.
That's because our servers need to trigger each user's website every time and it would be too taxing on them in the long run.
However, you can configure the cron to be triggered by your own server or a third party service:
www.hikashop.com/support/documentation/5...ron-task.html#server
You'll find many services like cron-job.org/en/ which can do that for you.
And in that case, you can reduce the time to whatever the service / your hosting allows.

The following user(s) said Thank You: joomleb, simmiepam

1 year 9 months ago #343007

Thank you so much for your help. I won't bother with the 15 minutes on CRON, but I'll certainly do the update to have the user go back to the product page.

1 year 9 months ago #343008

PERFECT! Now the user goes back to the product when they click OK!

Time to create page: 0.070 seconds