• Thank you received: 35
1 year 6 months ago #345565

-- HikaShop version -- : 4.6.1
-- Joomla version -- : 3.10.11
-- PHP version -- : 7.4.32
-- Browser(s) name and version -- : Chrome

Hi guys,
about the Product Like Button plugin:

1 - Please, Is it just another way to show the Wishlist button or another function?

2 - If it's another feature, Please, What's exactly the difference with the Wishlist feature?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 13071
1 year 6 months ago #345578

Hi,

It's something else. Both mechanisms can potentially be used in some cases interchangeably. But they have several differences.

The wishlist feature uses the cart system but adds extra functions to it:
- you can add more than 1 of each product in it.
- you can add custom item fields, options, variants to a wishlist.
- you can have several wishlists and move products from one to another.
- you can share the wishlist with others.
- the reminder plugin can be used to automatically remind the customers they have a wishlist sitting without it being used.
- when others purchase things from your wishlist, others looking at your wishlist won't see them anymore.
So the wishlist can be used for baby showers, wedding lists, etc

The "like" plugin is more light weight. It allows the user to easy like/unlike products, but there is no quantity taken into account.
There's also no sharing, no options/variants/custom fields. You can have a listing of your liked products with a products listing menu item configured with the "liked products only" option activated so that you can see a list of the products you liked.

1 year 6 months ago #345614

Hi Nicolas,
many thanks for your details, I also read the documentation and before to going further I need to understand more about:

"...when others purchase things from your wishlist, others looking at your wishlist won't see them anymore.
So the wishlist can be used for baby showers, wedding lists, etc..."

A - "when others purchase" - With "others" I suppose you are referring to the Customers of the Wishlist , Right ?
My point of view is always the HikaMarket Multi Vendor point of view. So, I'd like to permit this Wishlist complex feature to all Vendors from frontend, but I'm trying to understand what are the customers they can choose, Will the Vendor see all portal users? Or will he be able to create his own private Customers list? (Privacy issue)

B - Please, What do you mean exactly with "baby showers" ?

C - Maybe, Do you know if there is a "wedding lists" case "guide/tutorial/how to" as to look into a practical example case ?
I look for it without success...

1 year 6 months ago #345623

Hi,

A. No. Someone can create a wishlist with products his wishes to purchase. That person can also share that wishlist with others (for example by sending an email to them with a link to the wishlist). All the other persons with access to the wishlist will see it, and if one among them purchase something in the wishlist, these people won't see the product anymore in the wishlist. The goal is to prevent two persons from buying the same product since for a baby shower or a wedding list, you ideally don't want several people purchasing the same gift from your wishlist.
Vendors can't see wishlists so I don't think you can use this.

B. en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Baby_shower

C. There is no tutorial because everything you need to know on how to configure it is available in the documentation of the HikaShop configuration. The settings for the wishlist are under the Features tab there.

1 year 6 months ago #345978

Hi Nicolas,

A - "Someone can create a wishlist" = I think is what is mentioned here about the " Editing the Wishlist user "
"That person can also share" = I think is what is mentioned here about the " Sharing a Wishlist "
But, with "...Vendors can't see wishlists..." What do you mean exactly ?
A vendor is also an HikaShop user and he can create and manage his own Wishlists, Right ?

Maybe it is something that could be reached with a "Sharing a Wishlist > User Groups (multi) selection" ?

B - Baby Shower - I learned something new today too, thank you!

C - Maybe in the Configuration the Wishlist Title (and content) has been lost ?!?
Anyway I found this that is too useful

Last edit: 1 year 6 months ago by joomleb.

1 year 6 months ago #345986

Hi,

A. I thought you meant that you wanted vendors to be able to see the wishlists of "his" users.
But yes, a vendor is also a normal user, and thus he can also use the wishlist feature for himself and share his wishlists to others.

C. Ah yes, I had forgotten about that documentation page on wishlists and carts. Thanks for pointing it out.

Time to create page: 0.077 seconds