Different product image depending on language

• Thank you received: 0
12 years 4 months ago #33027

Good day,

how can you have different product images depending on language?

I played around a bit with Joomfish translation file, but I would need a bit of guidance.

Thanks

Js

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 13064
12 years 4 months ago #33054

Hi,

Once you uploaded your images in HikaShop. Go in JoomFish and edit your HikaShop file entries with it. There, change the file path of each image to the "translated" image name and it will do what you want.

12 years 3 months ago #34544

Ok, but where can I find the "name" of the image for the JoomFish file?

Thanks

Js

12 years 3 months ago #34587

What do you mean by "joomfish file" ? Joomfish is not a file but an extension that you can access via the menu Components->joomfish of your back end once you installed it on your website. There, you can open your translations for Hikashop files and edit a translation of your file and change the image file name to another image file name that you would have uploaded already in media/com_hikashop/upload via FTP.

12 years 3 months ago #34607

Ok, when I was talking about Joomfish files, I was talking about the XML file for Hikashop in the Joomfish folder. I was under the impression I needed to edit that file In order to be able to change the image. If it's the case, you need to specify a name for every field that you wanted to be translate (I already did it for custom fields). Where can I find the name of the images to be translated? Is that name generated every time so I need to modify the XML for every product?

Thanks

Hope it's clearer

12 years 3 months ago #34647

Hi,

The images XML file is already there. You don't need to modify it. It's called hikashop_files.xml
Just go in joomfish's translation area, set it for your language and for the hikashop_file table and you will see your images that you can edit.

Time to create page: 0.058 seconds