How to translate products and categories

• Thank you received: 0
12 years 2 months ago #36017

I installed the essential version of hikashop and translated it. It works well, but when I translate a product or a category it only work in the backend and it does not appear for the user in the front end.

Also it seems that it made a small bug on the back end. I can not see the descriptions of my products in the back end, it only appear when I look at it in HTML format. This is what it looks like in the normal format.

But in the front end of the website everything looks ok. I have JCE installed wich is a WYSIWYG for joomla back end, that might have an influence.

Could you please help me with those issues?

Thanks!

An almost perfectly satisfied customer.

Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 13037
12 years 2 months ago #36054

Hi,

Did you configure joomfish correctly ? If you translate a joomla article via joomfish, do you see its translation on the front end ? If not, then you're missing something in joomfish. Maybe you didn't enabled the joomfish database plugin ? Or the language in joomfish's configuration.

Regarding your problem with the editor, you should try to switch to another editor in the configuration of HikaShop. That might help.

12 years 2 months ago #36056

Yes I did configure Joomfish correctly, if I translate an article it appear on the front end.

I tried to use the TinyMCE editor, wich is the default WYSIWYG for joomla and it still does not work, but it works if I disable editor. And that is not a really good solution...

I don't know if it can help but this is the website in question decogogo.com

Last edit: 12 years 2 months ago by brunogags.

12 years 2 months ago #36058

Then, do you see your products translations in the back end of joomfish ? If yes, are they published ? If yes, then I suspect that the content elements of HikaShop were not installed automatically into joomfish because you installed joomfish after installing HikaShop. In that case you can either:
- install again HikaShop on top of your current version. That will add the content elements for HikaShop in joomfish.
- copy the content elements from the folder administrator/components/com_hikashop/translations to administrator/components/com_joomfish/contentelements.

Regarding the editor, if it's not displaying properly, all I can think of is that there is an editor plugin you installed which is breaking its display on your product edition pages. It's hard to say what as we don't know what extensions you have installed.
Alternatively, you could try to install another editor for normally both JCE and TinyMCE work well with HikaShop.

12 years 2 months ago #36068

I tried to reinstall Hikashop and it didn't work.

Yes I see the translation in the back end, but in the front end (where the translation really matter) I don't see it.

And the product is published, but I don't know if the translation is. To translate here is what I do:
1. at the top of the product description I click on en-GB
2. I translate
3. I click on save
4. I save the product page

Do I miss a step?

And for the editor, I worked with the free version of Hikashop for about 4-5 weeks and everything was fine and this morning I installed the essential version and now it does not work...

12 years 2 months ago #36071

Please copy the content elements from the folder administrator/components/com_hikashop/translations to administrator/components/com_joomfish/contentelements. That should help.

Regarding the editor, we didn't change anything since several months regarding the editors and it works exactly the same for all the versions of HikaShop. Are you sure that you didn't install anything recently besides the essential edition ?

12 years 2 months ago #36080

I did copy elements from translations to contentelements, it did not change anything...

No I did not installed anything from the last time I created a product using Hikashop starter and at that time the editor worked just fine.

And oh yeah I'm sorry I did not tell you before, but when I installed the hikashop langage pack I got this error message:
Could not save the file /hermes/bosweb26b/b2057/ipg.decogogocom/language/overrides/fr-FR.override.ini

12 years 2 months ago #36108

Could you provide a back end access to your website so that we can check your joomfish settings ?
If you see the translations of the products in joomfish and that on the front end the translations are done for joomla articles, I don't see why it wouldn't work for your products translations.

That way, we'll be able to check your HTML editor too.

12 years 2 months ago #36109

You can send the information via our contact form. Please also provide the URL of this thread.

12 years 2 months ago #36157

Regarding the problem that your editor is greyed out without your text, it's actually a problem between the editors and mootools. If you turn on the "mootools upgrade" plugin, it will work.

Regarding the problem with joomfish, it's working fine for me.
I can see that product title changes on that page:
www.decogogo.com/index.php/en/home-page/.../category_pathway-17
when you switch the language. Maybe you had some kind of cache preventing you from seeing it?

12 years 2 months ago #36161

Thanks a lot, everything seems to be working now.

I like Hikashop even more now!!

Time to create page: 0.073 seconds