Order status email not translated - order creation email is

• Thank you received: 19
6 years 4 months ago #283086

-- HikaShop version -- : 3.0.1
-- Joomla version -- : 3.8.2

Hi

First off, I didn't see anything in the changelog addressing this issue. The problem is with translation of the order status notification email. It keeps using the default English language of the site, even though Danish is selected when ordering, and order_lang is registered as da-DK in the database for the orders.

The order creation and order status notification emails are almost identical and mostly use the same tags, only order creation email is translated.
I find that pretty strange? What could cause this issue? All orders are done as guest checkout, so it's not an issue with the user, and that also wouldn't explain why only one email is translated and the other is not.

Any idea as to what the cause could be?

Thanks

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 13037
6 years 4 months ago #283091

Hi,

That's something we've fixed in HikaShop 3.2.0. It is noted in our change log as:

It was still possible in some cases for the language of the email notifications to not be in the correct language.

www.hikashop.com/support/documentation/5...ashop-changelog.html

So I would recommend updating to the latest version.

6 years 3 months ago #283499

I have updated to 3.2.1 but still the issue remain. Do I need to delete and recreate my email overrides?

6 years 3 months ago #283500

Hi,

No, the fix that was made was in the administrator/components/com_hikashop/classes/order.php file which you can't override through the interface.
You can try but I don't think it will make a difference.
If that doesn't help, please provide the necessary backend access and instructions to reproduce the issue as well as a FTP access via our contact form so that we can have a deeper look into it:
www.hikashop.com/support/contact-us.html

6 years 3 months ago #283569

I discovered something interesting, that makes me believe there's still a small bug.

IF order notification is sent automatically when an order changes status to confirmed, as it does after a payment is made, THEN the email is still in English.

BUT, if I go to orders in backend, and change status on an order, and notify the customer, THEN the email is translated correctly.

So it seems the translation on order status notification only works, when email is triggered from a backend action.

Can you confirm this behaviour at your end?
Thanks

Last edit: 6 years 3 months ago by dyvel.

6 years 3 months ago #283577

Hi,

No, I can't confirm. The emails are in the correct language, regardless from where they are sent.
On top of that, the payment plugins we developed usually have a lang parameter in the notification URL given to the payment gateway, so that when the payment notification is done, the processing is done with the correct language and no language switching is necessary.
Are you maybe using a 3rd party payment plugin ?

6 years 3 months ago #283658

We are using QuickPay payment plugin quickpay.net/integrations/hikashop
So you believe it's to blame?

EDIT: Looking at the payment plugin, it seems the correct language parameter is sent when looking at the notify URL:

$notify_url = HIKASHOP_LIVE.'index.php?option=com_hikashop&ctrl=checkout&task=notify&notif_payment='.$this->name.'&tmpl=component&lang='.$this->locale . $this->url_itemid;

BUT, when looking at the callback from the payment provider, I see this in the URL:
index.php?option=com_hikashop&ctrl=checkout&task=notify&notif_payment=quickpay&tmpl=component&lang=da&Itemid=751
Is lang=da correct? In the database, order_lang is da-DK

Last edit: 6 years 3 months ago by dyvel.

6 years 3 months ago #283779

Hi,

That looks correct so it doesn't seem to come from that.

I've also looked at the code of the payment plugin and I don't see something that would lead to that issue.

I guess we would need a backend access and a FTP access in order to check on the issue directly on your website (or a copy of it).
Could you provide that along with a link to this thread via our contact form:
www.hikashop.com/support/contact-us.html

Time to create page: 0.068 seconds