Hikashop translation override not showing up

• Thank you received: 9
5 years 6 months ago #298163

-- HikaShop version -- : 3.2.1 Business
-- Joomla version -- : 3.8.12

Hello!

I have cloned Joomla + hikashop from old server to new (full file copy + database dump 1:1), and everything works fine, except single issue:

Since the very beginning of using Hikashop, I have used Joomla's translation override system to replace few of the text strings in Hikashop. I just went to Joomla admin panel > Extensions > Languages > Overrides. I used built in string search/replace functionality and replaced few Hikashop strings (like "HIKASHOP_CHECKOUT_END", and "HIKASHOP_COUPON"), and they were added to Joomla translation overrides and worked flawlessly.

Problem is that after site migration Joomla's translation override panel can't find Hikashop text strings anymore. Can you suggest what could be wrong, and maybe there is a possibility to re-index these strings again? Thanks in advance!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 13035
5 years 6 months ago #298169

Hi,

The translation overrides are stored in language/overrides/en-GB.override.ini
Whether you do them through the HikaShop interface, or Joomla's.
If the system can't find them, it's either that this file is missing, or that it is invalid.

• Thank you received: 9
5 years 5 months ago #298510

UPDATE (Fixed):

If anyone stumbles across this issue and gets here from Google results - here is what was wrong for me:
Just as Nicolas suggested, it turns out that somehow during moving of the website the Hikashop translation .ini file was not copied properly. All I did was go to Hikashop language menu, clicked on the "Edit" (pencil icon) next to language. Hikashop downloaded the translation from your server again, and overrides started to work again.

Cheers and thanks for the help!

Time to create page: 0.061 seconds