Translations

• Thank you received: 8
4 years 8 months ago #309214

-- url of the page with the problem -- : www.luxminime.com
-- HikaShop version -- : 4.2.0
-- Joomla version -- : 3.9.10
-- PHP version -- : 7.2.19

Hi,

This is my first multi language shopcart and I'm struggling a bit.
I have edited the Login module for English, but where do I edit it for Slovak?
Also, how do Hikashop languages work in general? Do I need to enter all products etc in English, then write them in Slovak, or does it automatically translate?

Regards,
Colin.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 13068
4 years 8 months ago #309218

Hi,

You have two ways to do it:
- you have Falang, and you can go in the Components->Falang->Translations menu to translate your modules.
- You can create a copy of the module with a Slovak title and restrict each module to their corresponding language with the "language" option of the modules in the Joomla modules manager.

Regarding the translation of HikaShop products, I would recommend to use the Falang extension. Then, on each product, you'll have flags on which you can click for each language. That will open a popup where you'll be able to translate the text of your product in the corresponding language.
Otherwise, there are other ways to go about it, like content tag plugins. You can find more solutions here:
extensions.joomla.org/category/languages/multi-lingual-content/
If you want an automatic translation of your website pages, you can use other extensions:
extensions.joomla.org/category/languages...omatic-translations/
We use GSTranslate on our website for example.
In that case, you just make your whole website in one language and then let the system do the work for you. However, the translations are a lot less good than if you do then manually.

4 years 8 months ago #309238

Hi Nicolas,

Once again, thanks very much for your help.
I currently has an issue with a partial retina detachment. As soon as I am well enough, I will take a good look at the Falang solution.

Regards,
Colin.

4 years 8 months ago #309260

Hi,

Falang only seems to allow the editing of standard module content.
This is what I have changed in the Hikashop English language file:
PER_UNIT=" "
JD_LOGIN="Login/Register"
HELLOCUSTOMER=""
But I cant find where to change it for the main language because it says 'the Hikashop language file must be the first added'?

Regards,
Colin.

4 years 8 months ago #309262

Hi,

I'm not sure what you mean with Falang. You sure can edit much more things.
If you're talking about the options you have in the "HikaShop options" tab of the HikaShop content modules, then yes, these can't be translated with Falang. In that case, you would have to duplicate the module and assign each one to a different language so that you could configure each one differently.

I also don't understand what is your second problem. There is no "the Hikashop language file must be the first added" message in HikaShop. Where do you get that error message ? When doing which action exactly ?

4 years 8 months ago #309288

Hi,

I have managed to edit the following in English, but I can't find where to edit them in Slovak:
PER_UNIT=" "
JD_LOGIN="Login/Register"
HELLOCUSTOMER=""
I have attached a screenshot of where I edited the English version, but it won't let me for Slovak.

I have installed the Hikashop Slovak language pack, but much of the Sloval site is still in English, including shopcart, checkout etc?

Regards,
Colin.

Attachments:

4 years 8 months ago #309303

Hi,

You need to first click on the + icon next to it. That will load the slovak translation file from our servers and then you can add your changes and save both the slovak translation file and the changes.

The following user(s) said Thank You: Crashbandi

4 years 8 months ago #309315

Brilliant.
Thank you very much.

Regards,
Colin.

Time to create page: 0.068 seconds