Translation of Product Variants Description

• Thank you received: 3
4 years 5 months ago #311499

-- HikaShop version -- : 4.2.1
-- Joomla version -- : 3.9.12
-- PHP version -- : 7.2.14

Hello, I would like to ask for a help to find a solution how to translate product variants description presented on product page (description is filled in HIKASHOP>PRODUCT>VARIANT>block “Description”) without third party components. Most of my products have same variants, so I can standardized short descriptions and I am looking for the way how I can translate them.

Regards,
Greg

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 13037
4 years 5 months ago #311505

Hi,

The only solution without using any third party extension is to duplicate all the menu items, categories and products (one set per language).
That way, when you switch the language, it switches the menu items and thus the categories (attached to the menu items with the "main category" setting of the menu items) and thus the products.

With a third party extension, there are two main solutions:
- you can use Falang, which is what we usually recommend as it's well integrated with HikaShop. But it requires a lot of resources compared to other solutions.
- you can use a content tag plugin :
extensions.joomla.org/extensions/extensi...ntent/easy-language/
extensions.joomla.org/extensions/extensi...t/multilanguages-ck/
That way, you have all the translations in the description separated by tags to tell the system which text to display for which language.

4 years 5 months ago #311522

Hi Nicolas, Thank you for response. Because of the number of possible products solution based on duplication is not good for me and I would like to limit third party components.Is it possible to add somewhere to the code a Joomla translation key for the description ? If this field would be recognizable as translatable by the language override than I would use some simple word (for example “descriptionone”) instead detail description and then I would add language override to “translate” this simple word “descriptionone” for the detail text of the real description in English and in Polish.
All other product information presented on product page like custom fields, characteristic names and values are translatable and It would be really helpful to have such a possibility also for description.
Could you propose some solution in this aspect ?

Regards,
Greg

• Thank you received: 13037
4 years 5 months ago #311530

Hi,

That's an interesting idea yes.
We'll do something for that in the next version of HikaShop which is to be released soon.

The following user(s) said Thank You: Greg_C

4 years 5 months ago #311596

Hi Nicolas, great !
thank you for the information

Regards,
Greg

Time to create page: 0.069 seconds